Texas-Houston

Stunning but reasonable ceremony/reception venue

HELP! We are getting married on October 20th and the place we wanted to get married is booked and we can't really change the date due to family matters. We need a ceremony and reception venue. Tell me your favorites that are reasonable.

Re: Stunning but reasonable ceremony/reception venue

• I had my ceremony at A.D. Bruce Religion Center on U of H's campus. I would definitely recommend. We then had our ceremony at Brady's Landing. I wouldn't call it stunning, but it was nice and definitely affordable.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• What's reasonable?  To some that means 15k, to others that means 3k.

Stunning is also kind of a subjective term.

I think the Grove is stunning because I like the more natural, modern, big window look.
    Petroleum Club has a stunning view of the city, and I think their rooms are pretty.
    I also think the Gardens of Bammel Lane are stunning, but they require some DYI work and they're not best for a giant guest list.

Also--what location do you need?  If you're willing to drive further, galveston has some pretty, more budget friendly venues.

SaveSave
  • try Spring events - amber springs  or crystal springs
  • I just finished my ceremony/desination search so I have a lot of current info but definitely share your budget and guest count if possible and I can narrow it down a bit. Also what areas do you prefer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • We have about 400 guests and a budget of about 12,000
  • Wow 400 makes it hard! I second the Spring Events idea...they would work for a wedding that large and they are generally affordable. You also might check out Tin Hall. I wouldn't necessarily call it "stunning" but I was at a wedding there recently and the way they had it decorated was really, really pretty. They had twinkly lights everywhere and it looked romantic. It would definitely hold a large number of guests. Their rental fee includes a DJ and you can bring in your own food, which saves quite a bit. Chateau Cocomar holds that many as well, although they are brand new so I've never seen a wedding there and I have heard that they are going to be rather expensive. It might be worth checking out though. I loved the Orchard at Caney Creek but my fiancee didn't want to get married outside. I think they can hold that many but my pricing only goes up to 200. It might be worth giving them a call. Hope some of that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I'm having my wedding at Amber Springs. There is no way to pull off a wedding for that many people here for 12k in all honesty. My wedding here is costing me about 30k when all said and done.
    One of the reasons I picked this venue is because I was under the impression I could do it here for around 15k for 220 ppl. Impossible if you want to have a "nice" wedding.
    You have to pay for "every detail" and I even mean putting the chairs up..unless you want to set up tables and chairs for that many ppl on your wedding day--not many ppl do.
    I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I kinda wished I would've known how expensive would get and how much work was involved on behalf before I booked also.
    I do however, love the venue and Linda is awesome to work with and is amazing at providing lots of references.
    I just probably wouldn't have picked a DIY venue if I had known then what I know now.
    Friendly advice for whatever it's worth.
    This isn't a budget friendly venue. Maybe once upon a time but not due to growing popularity.

TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • I found the old train station ONCE when searching and can not find it again.  Can you tell me the name and even the pricing?  Feel free to private message me if you don't want to put it on the public boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards