Offbeat Weddings
Options

We might have lost our best man

Every year, our roommate/best man goes to the Penny Arcade Expo. When I asked him when it was this year (a couple months ago) he said that it's always on Labor Day weekend.

All good, right? Not so much. I've wanted to go to PAX, but have never been able to and thought maybe I'd go this year. I looked up the dates just to make sure. August 26-28... ffffuuuuu.

Now, our best man might not bail on us, but this is his thing. He goes to PAX and honestly video games probably rank higher than we do in his mind. I told Patsy and he told our roommie and it appears his current plan is to try to break us up, instead, because he really wants to go to PAX, and doesn't want us to tear his suit in two (we paid for half of it and told him if he bailed on us for any reason we were taking half of it back =P). 

I know losing a wedding party member isn't a big deal, but the thing is, we only have one each. So if it were the two of us up there with Couch (MOH) with us, she might feel a bit awkward, lol.

lol. Well, I guess once we're closer to that time we'll know which he plans to go to.
Babies
Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We might have lost our best man

• Options
    GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    Eeks, that does suck. I hope everything works out for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ok, the PAX is every year, you guys are only going to get married once! I know my brother wasn't happy when the one NASCAR race that he goes to a year was more from July to Sept. I hope the BM wakes up and sees that the wedding is more important. 
  • Options
    If he's your true friend he won't miss your wedding for anything. I think you'll be ok.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Patsy says the BM's coming, he'll just be miffed. Apparently bff's aren't allowed to be skip weddings. He's cursing us and Penny Arcade for moving the expo up a week.

The three of us have been roommates for more than four years, so I hope he's a true friend, lol. He'll just use missing the expo as a way to bribe me into doing stuff for him.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    Well at least he saw the light and is going to your wedding now. And, I am sure he will survive missing it one year. I'm sure by the time the day comes around, he will just be excited for you guys, with a possible joke here and there.
  • Options
    Sounds like a sticky situation. I hope it all works out for you.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_might-lost-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:e3a32905-02bc-4451-8976-8efbc86aae2fPost:06306c68-a13e-475a-af28-3381e1b9b530">Re: We might have lost our best man</a>:
    [QUOTE]Patsy says the BM's coming, he'll just be miffed. Apparently bff's aren't allowed to be skip weddings. He's cursing us and Penny Arcade for moving the expo up a week. The three of us have been roommates for more than four years, so I hope he's a true friend, lol. He'll just use missing the expo as a way to bribe me into doing stuff for him.
    Posted by jessicapatrick2011[/QUOTE]

If he is going to bribe you bake some of his favorite cookies, that way when he brings up the wedding you can say that you made cookies :) lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards