Iowa-Des Moines

Newbie!

Hi all, this is my first post on The Knot! I'm trying to avoid making my FI and friends/family crazy with wedding talk, so I thought I'd find some like-minded brides-to-be to chat with instead. :) So far we've found our venue (the Windsor Heights Community Center in Colby Park) and set our date (November 3, 2012), and I'm steadily working away at the food/decorations/etc. We have our first photographer meeting today after work. I'm so excited about it all! We're going heavily DIY because I'm a crafty person by nature, so I finally have an excuse to do all kinds of projects that have intrigued me for ages. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Re: Newbie!

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the Engagement and Welcome to the boards!!! We can't wait to hear more about your wedding!!

How did you get engaged?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    We had discussed getting married for a while, and he knew that I wanted to go ring shopping together, so in August he asked if I would like to go ring shopping. We found the ring and picked it up together September 10, so it wasn't a surprise, but he still made it super-special: we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant that night, then took our dog for a walk around Gray's Lake, and halfway through the walk he stopped and asked The Question. :) I've been driving him crazy with the planning ever since!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's super sweet!! Sounds like perfect for you two!!

Congrats again and feel free to ask questions and AW(Attention Whore) all of your checks, and plans!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board!  Happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  FI and I are getting married at the WH center on 9/29.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet, another person using WHCC! What are your decor plans for it? I'm using mainly uplighting and tons of candles, and got permission to hang paper lanterns as long as I tie them and don't use anything that will leave residue or marks. Also thinking of draping and lighting a frame around the door at the back of the room, to pretty that area up a bit.
  • Having ours at WHCC too!!!!  March 3rd!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards