California-Central

Bakersfield Venues

SO I have been engaged for almost a year now, and am finally starting to plan.  The thing is we are thinking about trying to have it in April 2010 and I know that is extremely soon.  I was wondering if anyone out there had any good/unique/different ideas on where to hold a wedding and reception in Bakersfield.  I would like both the ceremony and reception to be at one place and I am looking for something that has great photo opportunities.  In addition we are on a massive budget since my fiance and I are paying for this wedding and at the moment I am not employed....darn state of California...I was a teacher!!

Re: Bakersfield Venues

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in January in Bakersfield. There are a couple great locations where you can have your ceremony and reception in the same place. There is Seven Oaks, where you don't have to be a member to have your event there, The Junior League building, Pioneer Village and Bakersfield Country Club. How many people are you having?
  • edited December 2011
    I am trying to keep the numbers low-about 80 people.  The thing is I am trying to stay inexpensive.  I would like our budget to stay under $8000.  I love the junior league but its outrageous because you have to rent all the tables and chairs and if you don't use their caterers they charge you additional fees.  Where are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at OLPH and then having our reception at Seven Oaks Country Club. With 80 people I would say look at Pioneer Village. Have you going to any of the bridal shows that have been in town at all? Most places have package deals that include the ceremony and reception.
  • shroombombershroombomber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were gonna have ours at Pioneer Village. They have some lovely spots for 50 to 2500 people. And they even let you into the park for free to check it all out. Which was a plus to us hahaha.

Good luck finding a spot!
  • edited December 2011
    There are several good locations in Bakersfield.
    -Hotels:  Doubletree Hotel on Rosedale Highway has outdoor and indoor ceremony locations and a couple of indoor reception locations.  The Four Points Sheraton on California also has several indoor/outdoor locations.  I don't know of any others hotel that have wedding facilities.
    -Country Clubs:  Seven Oaks Country Club is a club that you don't have to be a member at.  If you have someone that can sponser you, Stockdale Country Club and Bakersfield Country Club are both good too.  The Rio Bravo Country Club is also non-member I believe as is the Riverlakes Country Club.
    -Event Halls/Organization Clubs:  There is the Woman's Club as previously mentioned, the Bell Tower Club on Truxton Road, the Stockdale Tower on California Avenue, the Fox Theater on H Street.Other Locations: Moorea Banquet Centre (love this place - brand new and very pretty!).  Google it for info.If you need help on locations or vendors, let me know!  You can e-mail me at summer0fstars@aol.com.  I planned my wedding to be here in bakersfield and then moved it to Santa Barbara later so I know a lot about locations and vendors from Bakersfield.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Bako. We had the reception at the Petroleum Club, which you don't have to be a member of. Also there is the Bakersfield Art Museum. I really liked it but since I was getting married in the summer I didn't want to do an outdoor thing. There are some really nice banquet rooms for affordable prices where the old Montgomery World use to be.

Nima
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...we decided to go with the Junior League.  I love the building and it turns out its not as much as I thought!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in OLPH church and then having my reception at The Belltower Club. With food, linens, alcohol, tables, and chairs, it's under 9,000.
    FutureMrsMcD
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-central_bakersfield-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:61Discussion:10489979Post:62774697">Bakersfield Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at OLPH and then having our reception at Seven Oaks Country Club. With 80 people I would say look at Pioneer Village. Have you going to any of the bridal shows that have been in town at all? Most places have package deals that include the ceremony and reception.
    Posted by stilagirl02[/QUOTE]

Stilagirl01- what day of the week time is your wedding at OLPH? FI keeps saying we will probably get stuck with a 2 pm ceremony!!!  Our wedding is on a Saturday and I was hoping for a later ceremony... :-/
    FutureMrsMcD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards