Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Friday!

Ah, Friday. 

Yesterday FI and I had tons to talk about and plan for our upcoming move, so we went on a really long walk. Then he waited for me while I ran a little over 1.5 miles.  

No workout for me today, We're headed to NY as soon as I get out of work.  I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and it will be at the same church and reception place for my wedding in August! So I'll kind of get to attend my own wedding haha. 

I'm going to try and really watch what I eat this weekend; always a challenge when we go home.  And hopefully I'll get in at least one run.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Friday!

• Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    ho hummmmm I did not run yesterday. I took a 2 hour nap and whitened my teeth instead. I was able to stay in my calorie limit so I don't feel too bad. I am hoping to squeeze in a short run this afternoon before I have to pick up my neice from the babysitters.

I am going to run 8 or 9 tomorrow, then 3 or 4 on Sunday. Sunday is also a tasting event that my caterer is hosting- I can't wait!! My wedding is 2 weeks from tomorrow! EEEEK!!
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    TGIF!  Have a great time this weekend, Jude!

Healthy eating is still going really well, and I'm loving the way I have been feeling even though working out is not up to my par.  We're heading to Philly tonight for dinner, so I'm hoping I'll make a good food choice. 
    My houseguest for the weekend also just asked if we could go to the gym on Saturday, though, so I am excited to start 'getting back on track' a day or two earlier than planned! 

On a non-workout note, I am a through-the-moon-happy dog owner.  We decided enough was enough, and got our dog an allergy shot yesterday, and within 12 hours she's stopped itching and licking herself to pieces.  If the shot hadn't worked, we would have had to put her on steroids for the rest of her life, so I am ecstatic!

Edit: Have fun at the tasting kp!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ooo, I'm jealous Jude!  I want to go to New York!  I love it out there!  (Yep, it's "out there" for me :-)

I had a great workout last night!  I ran over 3.5 miles and I'm not a runner, so that's the farthest I've ever run.  Yay!  And then I did weights.  FI said he did a 2 minute plank yesterday so my goal was anything over 2 minutes and I did 2 minutes 15 seconds.  I was a very happy girl!  And my eating was great.  I was so full and still below on calories.  I tried my first green monster last night and thought it was super good!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    I have a Cinco de Mayo party this weekend so watching what I eat will be crucial.  Lots of cheesey dips + Coronas will not be a good thing.  Plus, I am most certain I will have the worst gluten hangover of my life.  I will try my best to stay away from most of it.  

Last night I ran 5 miles.  I really wanted to do legs but FI pushed me to run so legs will be tonight.  I was sweating buckets.  I've NEVER sweat that much.  I was in a heavier Tshirt and shorts and the gym was about 90 degrees so that didn't help much.
  • Options
    I hit spin class the am, and did some abs.  

Jude, have fun at your "pseudo" wedding!  And lobsters, glad your pup is feeling better!  
  • Options
    Have fun, Jude! Glad your dog is feeling better, lobsters! Enjoy the tasting, kp. What kind of green monster did you make, fluff? Enjoy Cinco de Mayo, lbarr! Good work on the spin class, reggies!

I tutored my student who is home with her newborn yesterday and when I got home I so did not feel like doing anything. I did, however, get on the treadmill and do 1.5 miles as was scheduled on my training plan. I felt better after I did it!

No workout for me tonight. I'm staying at my mom's house since she lives by the school where I teach. I have to be back here at 7 a.m. tomorrow to proctor the SATs and driving an hour home tonight and back in the morning is not fun on a Saturday. We'll probably go out for sushi and go shopping. I am looking forward to it!

I am scheduled for 3 miles on Saturday and then a 30 minute walk on Sunday. Enjoy the weekend everyone! T-G-I-F!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    lbarr: Have fun at your party, I'm jealous!

Lobsters: Glad the pup is okay! And way to go on the healthy eating; that's seriously my biggest problem right now.  This week has been pretty hectic and while I haven't been eating horrible, it hasn't been stellar either. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lobsters, great job on the clean eating! keep it up!

Jude: have fun this weekend! That's got to be fun to get a "preview" of what you big day might look like. :-)

Today is an active rest day for me. I'm getting ready to head to work. I've really enjoyed my first week at my new job at a research and consulting firm about 20 minutes from home. So happy! My husband (it sounds so cool to say that... hehe) and I have a date night tonight so we'll make some mushroom/lentil burgers with sweet potato fries and will take them down for a dinner picnic on the beach. We'll then go for a walk to downtown/pier and get a small scoop of gelato. :-)

Have a great weekend!!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    Lizzie-I used frozen strawberries, dannon light n fit yogurt (though I know some people prefer Greek), protein powder, and spinach.  It was good.  I might enjoy adding bananas next time, but I didn't have any frozen.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Lobsters - Glad you're dog is feeling better!!

Fluffernut - Congrats on the milage milestone! I am not really a runner either but I've been trying for the past couple of months. It feels so good to get in those accomplishments.

I didn't work out yesterday, but I have worked out 4/5 days this week so I figured that was ok. I have had so much work things to attend this week I was exhausted and needed to sleep till at least 7am. I did work out this morning. OMG it was SO hot in my gym. It's been in the 70s here this week, up a bit for the 40s weather we were getting last week. It was so humid in there I was sweating like crazy. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I don't have anything planned for tomorrow (other than shopping haha) so I hope to get in a nice long cardio + weights work out!

Happy friday everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm fairly happy with my workout last night. I got 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I really wish I had had more time so I could have also gotten some weightlifting in. I may do a second gym day today just to get a good weightlifting session in.

There never seems to be enough time, I'm glad I can even keep up with my cardio!
  • Options
    Yesterday was a rest day, today I'll be doing 30 on the treadmill and some weight lifting.

Gotta get it in while my pizza dough rises. This weekend might be a tough one - it's FI's dad's 60th birthday so we're having about 25 people over and making a bunch of different pizzas and salads... SO MUCH TO DO!

I will really have to exercise my willpower tomorrow with all of the pizza there will be, not to mention beer and cake. I figure at least I know exactly what is in everything I'm eating so it could be worse - but I'm still going to do whatever I can to stay within my limit of 1750. I was too bad with eating this week to let it be terrible on the weekend too.

I had three separate get togethers with friends/family this week that all involved eating out. Ugh. I made fairly good choices, didn't eat the appies that people ordered, ate my meal, side salads, etc. But I still feel a little disappointed in the lack of home-prepared food, it just always feels better, ya know!

Anyway, sorry this turned into a novel, and have a fabulous weekend everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the job offer k!  And way to go everyone - you ladies will be my motivation at the gym tomorrow!

Thanks for the sweet thoughts on the dog, too!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I just finished Jilillan Michael's 30 day shred :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards