June 2012 Weddings
Options

Insane Hair Salon Situation (Long)

I've been with the same hair stylist for over 5 years, I think even longer than my FI (not sure on the exact timing with her).  She worked at a salon when I started going to her, then she moved to JC Penney.  I was a little sad when she moved because we wouldn't be able to have the salon all morning, have my makeup artist come, and breakfast and everything that we had discussed before. 

Then earlier this year she opened her own salon with some of her friends from the previous two places.  I was so happy for her and she got engaged too, everything was going great.  We had it so my makeup artist would come there in the morning, the photographer would come, and we'd have the salon for 4 hours. 

Today I go to get my hair cut and I'm told by one of the girls that works there that my stylist is pregnant and on bedrest.  They said she was only 10 weeks along, so I was suspicious, but whatever.  The girl that cut my hair offered me a free updo trial because she'd have to do my hair on the wedding morning, she was really nice and told me she'd research some styles and stuff.  I was sad that my stylist wouldn't be there because she's become my friend over the years, but I thought her health was at risk.

Tonight she texts me to let me know that she had a falling out with the girls that work there and sold her share of the business.  She's pregnant but not sick at all, and she's gone back to JC Penney.  The girls were totally lying to me and trying to convert me into their client.

Now I have to see if JC Penney will allow my makeup artist to come there, and if they'll have enough appointments open that morning.  If not, I have to go to the salon with the biatches that lied to me, which I really don't feel good about!  This is really just a vent, I don't have too many choices at this point since we're 2.5 weeks out, but rrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Insane Hair Salon Situation (Long)

• Options
    I'd hate that so close to the wedding!  I don't blame you for being peeved.  I would be too!  They should have been adults (all of them) and told you the situation. I wonder why you hair dresser didn't text you before all this happened today.... 
    I hope you can get it all figured out with as little stress as possible.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! That's the last thing you need right now :( I hope it all gets sorted out. I'd like to throw out that no matter what you'll be beautiful and (yay!) married... but I get how important stuff like that is. Try to breathe through it and hopefully you get your stylist :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_insane-hair-salon-situation-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6c726ddf-1b88-44f3-a5f6-e110ab69464bPost:c65e8415-954e-43d3-8e0d-b897942a0080">Re: Insane Hair Salon Situation (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd hate that so close to the wedding!  I don't blame you for being peeved.  I would be too!  They should have been adults (all of them) and told you the situation. I wonder why you hair dresser didn't text you before all this happened today....  I hope you can get it all figured out with as little stress as possible.
    Posted by kiki1978[/QUOTE]

She did facebook message me and ask me to text her ASAP, she couldn't find my number, but I didn't see it until after the appointment.  She also texted my sister to get my number, but again, she didn't see it until later that night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Was the same stylist going to do everyone's hair?  Maybe she can "take the day/morning off" and come out to your place to do hair.  If you need another stylist for people, she may know someone that would be willing to come with her to help.  The makeup artist can do everything there as well and then the photographer could meet you there too.  Just another suggestion
  • Options
    Could your stylist and makeup artist come to your house or wherever you plan on getting ready and do hair there? I'm sure she could find some other hair dresser friends to make sure everyone gets their hair done in time. This is what were doing and it's nice knowing I don't have to be driving around, and can just get totally ready in one place.
  • Options
    I'm glad she tried to contact you. I like PP idea of her maybe coming out anyway.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have the make up artist come to your house.  I work p/t at a salon & my coworker got married two years ago - had the mua come to the salon. She said it was hectic & crazy at the salon and that having the mua at your house would be much more calming.  My mua would go anywhere I wanted her to, so I took my coworkers suggestion and am having the mua come to the house.  The salon is 20 mins from the house, so I just made a plan of attack - 2 ppl are staying home to get mup done first, then when they are done they have to get to the salon.  All the rest are going to the salon & as soon as they are done getting their hair done they will leave for my house for mup. 
    FYI - JCPenneys may charge a fee for the MUA to use their salon to work - which of course would be passed on to you.
  • Options
    That's crazy, and completely unprofessional of them. I understand your not wanting to get your hair done there for the wedding, they seem like pretty shady people and who would want to give their hard earned money to a place like that? I'd definitely look into going wherever your stylist is now. you've followed her everywhere so far so why would you want anyone else for your wedding day hair? If she could come to you, even better but it'll all work out. Just stay away from those lying biatches!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have 12 girls getting their hair done, so my hair stylist alone wouldn't cut it.  The original plan was 4 stylists at the salon, I'm thinking if we can get 6 at JC Penney though then we can be done in 2 hours.  It's closer to my house too so we'd just have the MUA come to my parents and start on people and then come to the salon with us, if that's allowed.  I could ask my stylist if she has enough friends to come to my house, but I'm afraid we don't really have the space for it. 

This is going to have to be a evolving plan, thanks for all the great ideas!
  • Options

Sounds like you at least have a lot of options, thats a good thing! Another option would be to check out local beauty schools if your stylist can't do it for whatever reason. They do a great job and have loads of people there. Updo's are one of the first things they learn (according to my friend who's a teacher at one.. I thought it was weird thats where they start). Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards