September 2012 Weddings
Options

European/Asian Invites/Guests? When to send?

This is on our FB as well:  Okay, I have three international invites.  One to Poland, one to Italy, and one to South Korea.  How much sooner do I send them than US invites?  My wedding is on 9/22 and US invites go out 07/07/12.  My RSVP date is 08/11/12.  I am providing postage for all US RSVPs but not for international RSVPs for obvious reasons.  Thank you so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 77 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: European/Asian Invites/Guests? When to send?

• Options
    For Italy....I'd send now!  That country is the least organized place ever (I say this with pure love).  I spent a semester there and two of my friends sent a card to me a week after I left for Italy.  I was there 3 and a half months and never received it.  I finally got it when it got returned to my friend around spring break.  I think with international it is never too soon.  I'd also probably call/email these guests and tell them it is in the mail so they can let you know when they receive so if they don't in time you can fill them in on details.
  • Options
    For all of them I would send within the next week.

I know sending stuff to my brother in China it takes awhile, maybe a month?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    If you have the invites done I would mail them now. I am getting married 9/22 also and all my invites went out last week. Since everyone is traveling in we thought it was best to mail a little early so people can make travel arrangements and plus once summer starts people get busy.
  • Options
    ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Our date is 9/9, and we already sent all of our overseas invitations. I think you should send them ASAP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards