Ohio-Toledo
Options

Looking for Info

Hi Ladies.  New to this board and am looking for any inside info any of you may have.  I live out of state, but am from NW OH and am coming home the last weekend in March to look at wedding venues for June 2011.  Any hints/suggestions, etc. you have on the following would be appreciated! 

Art Museum
Nazareth Hall
Toledo Country Club
Belmont Country Club
Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg
The Pinnacle

We have appointments with all of the above for tours as of right now.  Thanks!

December Siggy Challenge - My Hair! image

Re: Looking for Info

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cambridge or Parkway Place
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a member at Belmont, but I really don' thave any info for you.  The food there is good and it is a beautiful setting. 

I really liked Levis, the only issue I had was that another wedding reception could be going on in another room while yours is, and I didn't like that.  The girl there is fantastic to work with though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try some of the local yacht clubs, like country clubs many of them host receptions, etc..  Maumee Bay State Park/Resort also hosts lots of weddings and/or receptions.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the locations on your list are gorgeous!  Definitely on the pricier side, however.  But I'm sure you've probably already know that.

I have been to events and/or have personal experience with the following:

Art Museum -- Gorgeous location possibilities.  Very restrictive on other items.  You have to use their approved vendors, flowers & decor are limited, etc.   Rental costs here are probably the highest you'll find anywhere.  You can get a slight discount if you are a Museum member.  Definitely a unique & beautiful place though!
    Nazareth Hall -- Very pretty location, but quite a drive from Toledo and/or any area hotels.  I think Cadet West is much prettier than Lady Glen, but it is also smaller.  Excellent food, great service.
    Toledo Country Club -- Great location, delicious food, wonderful staff!  Depending on the size of your wedding, the reception layout is a little weird and split up.  Also I believe you have to be sponsored by a club member to hold your event there (though you may know that and/or that may have changed)
    The Pinnacle -- Another nice location.  Not as awesome/grand as some of the others on your list, but very nice all the same.  Nice staff.

If you need any recommendations on other halls to consider, and/or any other vendors, just ask! :)    Happy Planning! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While you're at the art museum, look at the glass pavilion right across the street.  All the same people/ vendors as the museum but is much more contemporary (if that's your style).
  • Options
    Sugarsweets04Sugarsweets04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out the Hilton Toledo, it is right by the medical college. My FI and I liked it better than the Garden Inn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

See my niece and I looked at the Hilton in Toledo, the room is a weird shape, their hard to find and reviews regarding their food were not good. 
    We LOVE Nazareth Hall but didn't want people driving down that dangerous road at 11:00 at night.  We didn't like the fact that everything is ala carte there.
    We love museum and especially the glass pavilion but we just couldn't afford it.  
    We didn't like the Pinnacle at all, seems very dated and a colleage of mine attended a reception there when there was another reception going on in the other section and it was bad we could hear everything.

I also posted before that we attended a reception at the Hilton Garden Inn and another wedding was going on.  We heard nothing and their foyer area is so large we didn't even see anyone from the other reception unless we ran into them in the restroom.  We got a room that night and went out in Levis Commons after the reception and had a great time.!

We actually liked Maumee Bay too but after several calls to their wedding coordinator with questions after our tour were unanswered we wiped that off our list.

• Options
    lcracraftlcracraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at The Hilton Garden Inn this summer & of the places we checked out it was definitely the nicest & easiest.  A lot of places make you add everything separately & the Hilton includes it all.  We just had outrtasting & the food was amazing.  The coordinator there is great & very easy to work with.  Also, the outside area is much prettier in the late spring/ summer than it is right now with all the snow.

I used to work at the museum & I know that from back  then & checking into it  for my wedding that they are very restrictive.

The Valentine Theater is worth checking into, it looks amazing.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards