Florida-Central Florida

Seamstress in Orlando?

Hi ladies.  I am moving to the Orlando area (Longwood, to be precise) at the end of the month and am looking for somewhere to get my dress altered.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Seamstress in Orlando?

• edited December 2011
    Call Jeanine. She worked for Lord & Taylor for ages, tons of experience, and she now works from her home. She'll come to you for the fittings and costs about 1/4 of the alterations in bridal salons. Her number is 321.235.6681. She's French, so be prepared for a heavy accent, but you get used to it. ;) I love her!
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Jeanine, I used her for my wedding and she worked out great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I third Jeannine - unbelivable prices & her work is incredible!
  • edited December 2011

agree with PP on Jeanine- She just finished my dress and had a ton of work done to it.  You can't even tell!  Her prices were also ALOT better then Davids bridal... Be WARNED- if you got your dress from Davids, they will not steam your dress at all if someone else alters your dress.  I just had this problem and had to learn the hard way.l  Dry cleaners will charge from $100-150 just to steam your dress (and take 7 days!)  However, she was really great, always on time and does awesome work!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for this recomendation too!
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.  If I wish to have cups sewn in, will she provide them?

How much (about) would she cost for having cups sewn in and adding a bustle (3 or 5 point, probably)?  That's pretty much all I need done.

PP, thank you for the heads up about DB and steaming.  My dress is not from there so it does not apply, but I appreciate the information. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_seamstress-orlando?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:b9bf0682-b72a-41a2-acfe-39fe65c49d3bPost:4b67278e-a397-45e0-8dea-b8337689757e">Re: Seamstress in Orlando?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you everyone.  If I wish to have cups sewn in, will she provide them? How much (about) would she cost for having cups sewn in and adding a bustle (3 or 5 point, probably)?  That's pretty much all I need done. PP, thank you for the heads up about DB and steaming.  My dress is not from there so it does not apply, but I appreciate the information. :-)
    Posted by shortee426[/QUOTE]

I used Jeanine also and she did a great job.  I am not sure how much she would charge for what you need but I had cups sewn in, the hem and straps shortened, a french bustle and the bodice taken in.  I believe it ended up being $140.  Hope that helps!

ETA:  I purchased the actual cups to be sewn in at JC Penney.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards