Pennsylvania-Central

Need shoe help!

Here I am 3 weeks away from my wedding and without shoes.  Not of my own doing, but because the bridal store 1) ordered the wrong size the first time, 2) took almost 6 weeks to get the right size in, which were damaged and 3) would only give me 75% of my money back, and this was only because I pushed.  Guess I should have looked at their BBB rating before I went there.  But I digress...  :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to buy off the rack shoes in the Lebanon, Lancaster, Reading or Harrisburg areas?  Or websites that have quick delivery?  Thanks so much!

Re: Need shoe help!

• edited December 2011
    Not that this is much advice but what I did was just go to just about every shoe store that I could think of until I found something.  In Lebanon you have Famous Footwear, Kohl's, Boscov's, Shoe Dept, etc. There are also various shoe store at Colonial Park Mall and Harrisburg mall and a super shoes in Harrisburg.  Just take a day and drive to every store with shoes and keep your fingers crossed!  That's what I did and was surprised by the store I found my shoes, The Deb Shop!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • edited December 2011
    I second going to the department stores! I purchased mine at Macy's.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
     Not sure if this will help but I got mine at David's.  If you tell them you have a wedding in three weeks, they can dye them to ivory or whatever color you want.  they also have silver shoes.  Just make sure they have your size there.  They can take a while to order shoes in for you.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Endless.com has good prices, wide selection and FREE overnight shipping and returns, So you could order several, pick the ones you like and return the rest.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-shoe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:c4d2840e-d55f-41fd-aef7-1faabc6fbd0bPost:026c2f39-8a60-4faf-a4c4-370024608868">Re: Need shoe help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Endless.com has good prices, wide selection and FREE overnight shipping and returns, So you could order several, pick the ones you like and return the rest. Good Luck!
    Posted by RogueQueen[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your shoe website! I'm in a lot of trouble now ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Code3Code3 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  Think I found a pair on Endless...appreciate the help!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you made a decision yet or not.  But, I ordered my shoes from Enchanted Evening in Lebanon and it only took 1 week for them to come in. 
  • Code3Code3 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mrs J!  I ended up ordering from Endless and they shipped in a day.  And as it worked out, I like them better than the originals.  Now I just have to review the initial vendor so that someone else isn't put in the situation I was.  Thought I was making the right choice by going local instead of chain...unfortunately this time it was a mistake.  So appreciate everyone's help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards