Illinois-Chicago
Options

A stitch of bliss for alterations?

Has anyone used Cori for their wedding dress alterations? I like that she comes to me for alterations. I'm having trouble finding a whole lot of reviews in general though. Anyone have feedback after using her?

Re: A stitch of bliss for alterations?

• Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ooked at hr website along with a review and she has good write up...I actually called her and left a message.....

I bought my dress at David's and heard so many horror stories.....so maybe she would be a good alternative....

I asm going to be watching to see if anyone posts anything on here....
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like any reviews for her too please!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is she on Yelp? there may be reviews on there!
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing on Yelp that I could find. She still hasn't called me back when I called her before Christmas.
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too left a message for her on this past Monday and did not rcve a call back...there's a sign for you....

I have erased her number.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used her!! She's away for Christmas which is why she's probably not calling back. She's wonderful and amazingly talented. Plus, inexpensive.  She made it to the final round of Project Runway auditions a few years ago if that says anything about her talents! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called Cori yesterday and she returned my call this morning! She did mention she was stranded in New York during the snow storms. First impression was that she was friendly, receptive and enthusiastic about working with me.
  • Options
    MissElissaMissElissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

In case you don't want to read the whole message below, this is a negative review.

I hired Cori to do my alterations on my bridal gown. I was planning a last-minute wedding; I bought my dress only two weeks before my wedding date. I was trying to find someone in a hurry to do alterations on the hem of my dress, so  I didn't really do much research and hired Cori as soon as I found her website.

When she came to my home, she met with my mom and me to discuss the dress. We either wanted to bustle the dress for the whole wedding or simply hem the train so, well, there was no train. Cori advised that a bustle would be better, since eliminating the train completely might veer us into prom gown territory. My mom and I took her advice, and Cori pinned up what appeared to be a great french bustle. 

She also advised that the top should be taken in a bit to help the fit. We were not originally thinking of this, but we trusted her advice. She also said she would put in bra cups to make the dress more supportive.

Cori came to drop the dress off with me about a week later. I came in to the appointment feeling horrible, since I was very late after being held up at a beautynappointment. I tried the dress on and immediately knew something was not right with the bodice. Mostly, the cups did not fit AT ALL, and the shape of the top seemed to be completely altered. Unfortunately, we don't have a full-length mirror at my place, so I couldn't really see the bustle, but when I saw it on the hanger, I was nervous. 

But, I felt terrible about being late, and I am not good with confrontation (at all). Moreover, Cori had mentioned that she was going out of town, and I really didn't want her having the dress back, anyway. 

I waited until my mom could see the dress before I took any action. Unfortunately, in my incredibly rushed schedule, this couldn't happen until the night before the wedding. To make a long story short, after trying to step lightly around the issue, my mom admitted it was hideous. 

We were up until 2 in the morning (the night before my wedding). Luckily, my mom is really handy with a needle, so she started ripping out the stitches on the top of the dress. Unfortunately, she realized that Cori had cut off a large amount of fabric so that she couldn't completely undo Cori's work. Thank God, she was able to make it look wonderful again, but it wasn't the same as it was before Cori "did her magic" on it. 

We completely removed the bra cups, which appeared to be a size B. Unfortunately, I wear a size DD in bras, so the cups made it appear the my boobs had boobs.

The bustle could not be saved. Unfortunately, we agreed to a permanent bustle, so we couldn't just untie it. Moreover, she had sewn into the top layer of the fabric, producing massive knots of thread. My mom and I managed to cut out all her work, although we could still see the signs of her aggressive needle use. So, at my 16 person wedding, I ended up with a long train for the entire event. But, it was better than the horrendous bustle.

To make matters weirder, at about midnight the night before my wedding I suddenly became better with confrontation, sending Cori an e-mail demanding for my money back, plus some reparations for the irreperable damage she had done. I expected to deal with the whole thing after the wedding. But, to my surprise, I saw Cori calling me at 12:15 a.m. Obviously, I didn't answer. I thought it was very innapropriate of her to be calling me the night before my wedding when i was clearly panicking at the idea of my dress being ruined. I haven't heard from her since. 

To make a very long story short, I would not recommend anyone use her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had Cori / Stich of Bliss alter my wedding dress.  She did an amazing job and she is so nice.  My dress was a straight across strapless, drop waist ballgown style that was way too long on me and about 4 sizes too big (it was a sample dress).  Cori changed it to a sweetheart style with a natural waist ballgown with bustle and hemmed it and sized it down.  My boobs have never looked so good!  She put cups in there, it's the perfect push up, and they do not budge. She put boning in the waist (but not in the chest because that flattens your chest, like a corset). She also attached a beaded belt to the waist line.  She only had to measure and pin everything once and when she came back with the dress, it fit perfect.  I could not believe we didn't need anymore fittings.  It was perfect. And she comes to your house, which is really nice.  Thanks Cori!!  I love my dress!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards