September 2013 Weddings
Options

Finally tried on dresses!!!!

I went and browsed a couple of places today and they were both able to get me in some I was interested in :) Good news - I liked a lot of them. Bad news - I liked a lot of them. LOL.
Gonna wait another week, feel out some things and then go back and try again. Why are there so many choices?!?!?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally tried on dresses!!!!

• Options
    Good luck and have fun!!!  Do you have a certain style of dress you are going for?
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    don't worry you'll find something you REALLY love!!! you'll know it when you see it!
  • Options

I tried on a lot of dresses before I decided on mine. If you can, take someone who knows your style really well with you and weed through them. Compare them to each other (do I like 1 or 2 better, I like 2 better do I like 2 or 3 better) as you narrow it down try all of the ones you loved back on and see which one you love the most. I suggest pics if the salon will allow it. I went with my MOH as we narrowed it down she snapped pics of the ones we loved (she knows my style as well as she knows her own). We compared the pics and that's when I noticed I was so much happier in the dress I ended up buying than the dress I thought I wanted.

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I liked two dresses and loved one.  It wasn't what I was expecting.  I went home and slept on it and couldn't stop thinking about that dress.  I went back the next week and bought it.  So time may actually help you figure out which one you miss more...
  • Options
    The problem for me is that there isn't anybody up here that really knows my style. Everyone that REALLY knows me is in FL. :( So last night I sent some pics to the BFF, Mom, Aunt and sis to get some different opinions. We're all on the same page - while all the dresses look great and fit well, they just aren't "me". So maybe that was what I was missing yesterday.

I'm gonna head back in later this week and try again. I tried on a ball gowns, a-lines and a dropped waist - all either satin or tulle. Beautiful, but a lot of dress and pretty fancy. I'm a laid back kinda girl. I did try on one w/ a fuller skirt that was organza I think? Very flowy, very light and it had a fuller skirt which I like. I'm leaning more towards that one now that I've had time to think. So my decision may be easier than anticipated :) FSIL just offered to go w/ me next week which is great! And SS my come too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards