Michigan-Lansing

Where to get a cake?

Hello Knot people, I need your help. I am trying to find a place to make my wedding cake. I had my wonderful lady set up for June 11th, but my Fiancee and I decided June 18th would be better. So, now my cake artist cannot do it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

My wedding is going to be in the Lansing area

BTW, My Fiancee and I don't like Fondant, and we need someone who is affordable.

Thankyou for your help.

Re: Where to get a cake?

• Jno88Jno88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Knot people, I need your help. I am trying to find a place to make my wedding cake. I had my wonderful lady set up for June 11th, but my Fiancee and I decided June 18th would be better. So, now my cake artist cannot do it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

My wedding is going to be in the Lansing area

BTW, My Fiancee and I don't like Fondant, and we need someone who is affordable.

Thankyou for your help.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out your local boards....
    Over here
    <------
    You should find better into!
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can check the vendors listed above for some recommendations.

Beth Henderson from Cake Art gets great reviews, as does Rhonda from Tasty Layers (she is from the Flint area but delivers to Lansing.  You should also check out Shayna from Sweet Cake Company in Portland.  She has good prices, yummy cake and does buttercream.

Good luck.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Cake Art. She is great, and her prices are the best I found. $2.35/serving. She does not use fondant either.

Don't go to A Piece O' Cake. Her cakes are delicious and beautiful, but she is very expensive and uses fondant.

Maybe also try Naomi Batterby at Eagle Eye. She has reasonable prices, and the cake is very tasty. We decided not to go with her, but the cake is super good. I believe her signature flavors are $3/serving, and the regular flavors are $2.50.

I have also heard good things about Tasty Layers and the Sweet Cake Company. The Sweetest Day doesn't have a website, but her number is 517-394-0570. We didn't end up going to see her because we booked Cake Art, but she seems to be highly recommended as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I agree about Beth Henderson from Cake Art.  Her cakes are beautiful, delicious and affordable.  She works out of her home, but her work is great.

• TJsFutreWifeyTJsFutreWifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Naomi Batterbee from Eagle Eye Golf Course - we just had our wedding yesterday and she did an AWESOME job on my cake!  Regardless of the flavor you choose from....she has a zillion, but her price is $2.50 per person.  I just had a cake to serve 50 and total was $120.  She did such an awesome job and will do whatever you want.  She also has done my son's birthday cake and she is just so creative and friendly!
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When did you sign Naomi? We went to see her a few months ago, and a lot of her flavors are $3.00/person. Some are still $2.50 though. She probably raised her prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jno88Jno88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help everyone. :) It has been very appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards