New York
Options

Having my cake and keeping my wallet

As with everything wedding-related so far, my jaw dropped 50 feet when I saw the cake prices for Turning Stone, where I'm getting married this summer.

I'm talking an average of $5 per serving -- some a little more, some a little less.

Turning Stone will charge a cake-cutting fee if I don't get my cake from there. So I assumed I'd just do it through them, but now I can't imagine spending $550 or so on a darn cake.

I have to explore my options -- which means finding out how much this cake-cutting charge is, whether they'll let me do a small cake and then just have sheet cakes in the back, or something else more economical.

But my question to you ladies is: Did any of you find a bakery in the Syracuse area that was much more reasonable than this $5 a piece thing? Do most bakeries deliver to the venue?

Re: Having my cake and keeping my wallet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive heard a lot of places around $5 as well. Im going through SweetEndings Bakeshop and she charges $3 for buttercream, $4 for fondant. Im going with a cupcake tower and they are $2 for regular size and $1.25 for minis. Id love to see Turning Stone charge a cutting fee for cupcakes! She does have a delivery fee but its based on where so I couldnt tell you what she'd charge.

GL

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work at turning stone i can look into the cake cutting fee for you if you'd like :) There cakes are super yummy but yes very very expensive. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reference. Those are much better prices, but it was also nice to hear that Turning Stone might not be as outrageous as I originally thought.

Love the cupcake idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found an awesome cake place in Geneva for $2.55 a slice....
    but with a delivery and cake cutting  fee, you might be better off with Turning Stone.

I do like Bridgett's rationale... try charging a "cutting fee" for cupcakes.  HA!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards