Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Need Help with 2 Final Details!!!

1. We are not having bubbles, or rose petals, or birdseed, or sparklers, or anything else you "make an exit" with. We aren't changing clothes and the entire event is outdoors so everyone will see the limo coming to pick us up. My concern is how do we "make our exit" without just seeing the limo and think, "oh, now we've gotta go" and run over to it?

2. Did anyone make their own set-up chart for the ceremony and/or reception? We need to plan how it will be set up and the venue will do it accordingly. For the ceremony, I have a pretty good idea how to set it up. The reception, however,  will mix the venues round tables (16) with the additional rectangular tables we are renting (11). The rental place was out of round. I like symmetry and I just can't figure out how to do it, plus add in 2 rectangular food buffets and a way to "highlight" the cake table. The area is pretty open so it's a blank slate. I just can't get my brain to come up with a nice configuration. Has anyone seen a planning tutorial to help with that?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Help with 2 Final Details!!!

• Options
    From the ceremony or from the reception?  A grand exit isn't required, and these days the bride and groom are often the last to leave.  We hosted our wedding out of our hotel suite, so after we'd said good night to the last of our guests, we just stripped and went to bed.  If you're planning on leaving before the end, your DJ/MC can just ask people to gather outside and clap and cheer to see you off.

I used to use Illustrator in college to figure out how to arrange my dorm furniture, using a scale of something like 10" to 1cm.  You can Google for room arrangement software and can probably turn up a couple of free programs.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We would need to see your reception area layout before we could advise where to put things. As for the "grand exit" we are just havnig the dj announce the last song we will be having the dj announce after this song we are leaving so please join us in dance and then we are leaving. Our home is about a mile away so we will just be leaving in our own car and going to our own home.. our bed is amazing and i prefer that to a hotel.
  • Options
    Have you tried using the knot's seating chart tool?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards