Favors

confused =/

Im totally confused on what to do for my favors!! I was thinking about donating money to a charity instead of favors bc most of the time the favors people recieve just throw them out anyway. But in the same token I don't know how my guest will feel abut the donation part. They might feel as if they aren't worthy of a favor & they might get insulted. HELPP! what should I do????Undecided

Re: confused =/

• edited December 2011
    You should read the sticky note at the top of the page on this topic before you do the donation thing.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, please read the sticky note at the top of the page.   Also, the only favors that I've seen people always take are edible.  I did personalized M&Ms and there was not one left (including mine and my husbands, I have no clue who snagged ours).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Ditto PP about edible favors, they are always appreciated.  You're right, non-edible favors are less likely to be a hit with all of your guests.  If you'd like to make a donation that would be lovely, but it isn't a favor to anyone except the charity you're donating too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do a small favor, and have a little tag on it saying that you also made a donation. I know most people will argue this, but if you have a personal attachment to the charity then I say go with it. 
    We just found out that my dad has cancer so along with our favors we did make a donation. Everyone at the wedding knows my dad and they all know that since I was little I was always involved in some cancer event. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Stop worrying about what other people will think. Cool

No matter WHAT you do, someone will decide you did it wrong. Frankly, though we are haveing favors, you don't "owe" anyone anything for coming to your wedding. You fed them, entertained them, and that should be enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards