Wisconsin

MILWAUKEE RECEPTION VENUE HELP

89 days before my wedding I received an email from my reception venue that they have gone out of business.

Can someone provide me with alternatives, that would fit within my $3,000 budget?

Re: MILWAUKEE RECEPTION VENUE HELP

• rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    First, I am curious what venue would do this to you?  Where were you booked?

And, does your $3000 budget include the price of food, or just building/facility rental costs?

If it includes food, how many guests are you looking to invite?
  • How many guests?
    Agreed - is 3G the rental or the ENTIRE cost of the reception?
  • edited July 2012
    It was scheduled at Tanner-Paull.  The $3,000 included the ENTIRE cost of the reception...hall rental and food...for 100 guests.
  • rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    My reception is at The Preserve at Deer Creek Golf course in New Berlin.  The rental for me is $325.  I believe it has since went up like $325 for 4 hrs & $100 each hour thereafter.  They just require you use their bar which means paying for barrels of beer.  I am using Bunzel's catering which has rave reviews in the community and I've had before and it's coming out to about $10 person for Italian fare.

Other options - Venue: Milwaukee Sailing Club, Crystal Ridge ski lodge, Trimborn Farms in Greendale. 

PM if you want details or contacts for either of my vendors.
  • You might want to check out Alioto's in Tosa (north of Mayfair Mall).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • <div>Thanks - it would be appreciated</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_milwaukee-reception-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:ca05d482-c665-4ea5-97d7-829dce89a019Post:b98cdec7-258d-41e0-bbac-1b7cbd9bb067">Re: MILWAUKEE RECEPTION VENUE HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]My reception is at The Preserve at Deer Creek Golf course in New Berlin.  The rental for me is $325.  I believe it has since went up like $325 for 4 hrs & $100 each hour thereafter.  They just require you use their bar which means paying for barrels of beer.  I am using Bunzel's catering which has rave reviews in the community and I've had before and it's coming out to about $10 person for Italian fare. Other options - Venue: Milwaukee Sailing Club, Crystal Ridge ski lodge, Trimborn Farms in Greendale.  PM if you want details or contacts for either of my vendors.
    Posted by rungirl12[/QUOTE]
  • Sent you a PM with details!
  • Also check out The Quilted Bear in Germantown.  They might be able to help you out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using the Milwaukee Public Market. $500 for the space and they can help you create a menu, although I'm not sure how low they go for 100 ppl. I was told that for apps, meal, sodas, and alcohol for 80ish ppl that the avg is $4-$5, but that they work with your budget.
    I can't believe that happened to you! I'm so sorry! Also, the VFW in New Berlin. It looks okay once you hang lights and lanterns. You can use any caterer and I believe carry-ins. http://myvfw.org/wi/post5716/
    Also South Shore Pavilion is affordable, choose your own caterers, but they book quickly for summer Saturdays.
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I was able to find a place - Cliffords Supper Club.

It works out because it is down the street from Parkside Chapel - where my wedding is being held.

I can have a sit-down dinner and a few extra items, all of which allows me to stay within my $3000 reception budget.
  • I just recently booked with Davians in Menomonee Falls. I really wanted a Saturday wedding but everything is a lot less expensive on a Friday. There is no room rental fee but on Fridays and Sundays the minimum for food/drink is only $2500. You can choose between buffet and by plate dinners. Everything else you need is included (tables, linens, china, etc). They also set up for you. You pick the food but it just needs to reach $2500 and the rooms are spacious and the place is beautiful. Kathy the planner has been great to work with.

http://www.davians.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards