New Jersey
Options

invitations

Our next step is to look into invitations, does anyone have any Northern NJ recs? Alos, what is the averge/good price for invitations in this area?  I have no idea!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: invitations

• Options
    Hey there -- We went to Cherish the Moment in Morristown after a not so good experience with Thinking Paper.  This is their info:
    Cherish the Moment
    4 Elm Street
    Morristown, NJ  07960

Prices can really differ... depending on what you want and where you go.  For 150 invites we paid about 1k.  Other brides on this board have said they paid less than that and others will say they have paid more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It depends on what you're looking for.

I ordered my invitations online through Jacqueline Dziadosz. For a custom pocket fold style, I found her prices to be AMAZING.
  • Options
    I looked at many invitation stores and found ordering through the books a little confusing and overwhelming. I worked with Jen at Jar of Ideas and she created custom invitations. The best part was that we could match all our day-of paper to our invites. She works with your budget, and the total price most people spend will also differ because everyone orders a different amount.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I made my own pocketfold invites by ordering materials through Cards & Pockets and having a friend design them for me.  I had materials printed through C&P and did all the assembly work myself.  I saved a ton of money doing it this way!  If you are not comfortable with your graphic design skills, there's tons of designers on Etsy who you can work with to design what you need and then will hand off the files to you.  Trust me, I didn't think I was a crafy person either, but it's not so hard gluing things together- just takes some time.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    If I could do it all over again, I'd go with Cherish the Moment in Morristown or DIY through Cards and Pockets.  The folks I used were very nice but not at all creative or helpful when it came to design.  And they were late on delivery.  We wound up designing our own invitations and, when I saw how easy it was, did our own Day Of stationery (ordering the same exact paper through C&P).  Saved a ton. 

Agu101 is right - it's not hard - I got scrapbooking tape at the $1 store, ordered exact paper size through C&P and spent many nights watching TV assembling 150 2-layer menus! 
  • Options
    I did the online route and have been happy with it - Wedding Paper Divas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitations-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:70edd3cf-7790-433b-9e19-c99fa86197cfPost:deae0393-5053-49a8-a53c-749f1e32873a">Re: invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends on what you're looking for. I ordered my invitations online through Jacqueline Dziadosz. For a custom pocket fold style, I found her prices to be AMAZING.
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]

Ditto her..we are using Jacqueline and her work is amazing along with her prices!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitations-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:70edd3cf-7790-433b-9e19-c99fa86197cfPost:deae0393-5053-49a8-a53c-749f1e32873a">Re: invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends on what you're looking for. I ordered my invitations online through Jacqueline Dziadosz. For a custom pocket fold style, I found her prices to be AMAZING.
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]

<div>We're also using Jacqueline Dziadosz (thanks to a rec on this board!) and so far we couldn't be happier with her! </div>

• Options
    I am going with Jess from Sparetire Stationary Design after an agonizing few months of different custom shops and online sites. She was super sweet and was really able to take my ideas and create exactly what I was looking for.
    She was the most reasonable price-wise and still gave us custom designs. For 130 invites we are coming in at about $520 for custom pocket invites and 2 inserts.
    Other places I looked at in Annandale and Bernardsville wanted $1300-$2000 for custom invites, just as a reference point.
  • Options
    Yeah... we were looking at invites made at Cherish the Moments and some of the invites went up to five figures for the entire set.  It was so crazy! These were engraved invites with layered papers and shipped out in fancy boxes.  It seems like the sky's the limit with invites. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitations-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:70edd3cf-7790-433b-9e19-c99fa86197cfPost:71504b27-eb27-4891-8011-b4437d122942">Re: invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah... we were looking at invites made at Cherish the Moments and some of the invites went up to five figures for the entire set.  It was so crazy! These were engraved invites with layered papers and shipped out in fancy boxes.  It seems like the sky's the limit with invites. 
    Posted by dsimone43[/QUOTE]

5 figures, I can't even imagine...that's INSANE! 99% of people will throw them away after your wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    I am using Gina Polverino in Ramsey, NJ. She is really pricey, but her work is impeccable! The best thing about her is she will actually mail out the invites for you so that is one less thing to worry about. She bills you for stamps at the end. Feel free to inbox me with questions. :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for Gina Polverino.  Her work is exquisite.  I loved her and my invites!
  • Options
    I went with Invitations by Ajalon. Another knottie recommended them awhile back in her vendor review post.

They're a company based out of California but you order online. You can even submit your own design, or they will custom design something for you (for an additional price). They were pricier than I wanted them to be, but letterpress invitations were important to me and I also wanted to use my own design. I saved money by then having all my other printed pieces printed via Vistaprint or 123print, and upgraded the paper choice to their heaviest option. 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Invitations by JoAnn in North Arlington.  She is AMAZING. 

Some of the things are a little pricey, but she was amazing to work with.  Depending on what your budget is, she can find something to satisfy what you want with something unique and creative.

I was blown away by the quality.  Top notch.
  • Options
    Hey, for those that used Cards and Pockets, was it overwhelming to make your own? My mom and myself are pretty crafty. Not looking to spend a crazy amount, especially since people throw them away. I'll check out some of the other suggestions from this thread too. Thanks!
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invitations-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:70edd3cf-7790-433b-9e19-c99fa86197cfPost:df379055-7f08-44da-bc00-863fdd621e79">Re: invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, for those that used Cards and Pockets, <strong>was it overwhelming to make your own</strong>? My mom and myself are pretty crafty. Not looking to spend a crazy amount, especially since people throw them away. I'll check out some of the other suggestions from this thread too. Thanks!
    Posted by Nicole0613[/QUOTE]

<div>Not at all!  Order one of the sample kits they have on the website and practice putting one invitation together.  I felt much more comfortable going ahead doing my own work once I practiced a bit.  The Zip Dry glue C&P recommends works great because you have about 10 seconds to readjust things before it starts to dry (but buy it at Michaels or AC Moore with a coupon- cheaper than on C&P website).  I You Tubed some videos for how to glue in envelope liners, and it was really easy to do!  The Chat feature on the C&P website was really helpful too for giving advice and answering some of my "How To" questions. Allowing yourself enough time to put everything together is key.  Give youself a full week/weekend to put everything together because you need to allow for drying time on some of the layers.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Some handy things to get at Michaels or any craft store:</div><div>- plenty of Zip Dry glue</div><div>- bone folder</div><div>- cutting mat (check here for what these items look like- <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.marthastewart.com/286709/measuring-and-folding-tools/@center/276982/craft-tools-and-projects#213851)">http://www.marthastewart.com/286709/measuring-and-folding-tools/@center/276982/craft-tools-and-projects#213851)</a></div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards