South Asian Weddings
Options

B&M Tuesday

I will start the thread since I have something to complain about this AM.

I got my black mascara on my cream cardigan this AM. Dang. Sucks to be me. Hopefully the dry cleaners can get it out...
ExerciseMilestone

Re: B&M Tuesday

• Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  Mascara is hard to get out... makeup in general is hard to get out.

My current complaints:

My brother is useless!  I asked him if he could drive with me from my dad's house with boxes of stuff to a donation center.  It's in a really bad neighborhood, so a large guy would be handy and I could use the help loading and unloading.  He said no.  Apparently he's too busy napping and watching youtube!

It's 95 degrees and we don't have AC.  Not just us, in general there's no AC here.  I'm not looking forward to Friday when the "temporary bachelors" come over and I will need to have the stove on and be in the kitchen, which will be about 120 degrees.

I finally saw a decent apartment yesterday, which should be a good thing, but DH doesn't like the fact that it has a fireplace. *sigh*  The search goes on.
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm complaints is I don't have a lot of time during the week to come up and check on everyone up here,

and am swamped with work, and wish to have a breather for a couple minutes!

Hope everyone is healthy!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @KP - I want to hear about how your trip went! I hope you had a fantastic time! Any pictures to share?

@Tem - That really sucks about your brother. Has be always been like that? And I am not sure why a fireplace is a deal breaker, but I guess we all have our sticking points.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It gets even worse... my brother didn't even help me load my car at all!  He needed to eat lunch instead.  By the time I had loaded it on my own (in 95 degree heat) and driven across town, the place had closed.  I took the stuff back to my dad's house and yelled at my brother.  He whined and told me it was all my fault.  I wanted to strangle him.

And, yes, I guess he's always been like this.  I just haven't asked for his help much in the past, but looking back on it, he's always been lazy and entitled.
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Raangoli - please see your private message inbox for details... I don't wanna post pictures just yet in a public forum... but this one I decided to share with everyone...

I picked this sari up in Phoenix actually - it was shipped from their head quarters in Los Angeles --- Sona Chaandi, and got the blouse stitched by the store. I had to get it taken in though in India, as the sleeves were too loose!

This is at the Senate Room @ the Dolphin Hotel (a 5 star hotel) in Vishakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh, South India....

Most people said I stole the show away from the bride --- What do you think??

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @KP - you look beautiful! The sari looks fantastic and do you do!

Thanks for sharing your other pictures, too! I am looking through them now and living vicariously through you!

You have a PM back :)
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards