Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Appetizer Reception

Let me know what you think about this.
The wedding will be november 11 2011, I live in MN so it's probably going to be cold.
The wedding will start at 5pm and i want a heavy appetizer reception to follow probably around 5:30 or 6.

There will be a pre-ceremony "snack" or hot apple cider and cinnamon sugar donuts

This is the menu so far what do you think of this...how would you feel if you came to the wedding?

Mini sandwiches with different varieties of meats or veggies
chicken wild rice soup
meatballs in BBQ or marinara sauce
mini weiners in BBQ sauce
chicken wings with teriyaki sauce
deviled eggs
spinach and artichoke dip
roast beef crostinis
artisan cheese platter that includes strawberries and grapes ect.
                with cracker and bread basket
both cooked and raw sushi
roasted vegetable hummus with pita bread
taco bean dip with tortilla chips

Enough to feed every person 12 pieces.

Re: Appetizer Reception

• edited December 2011
    That all sounds great, but I admit I was a little surprised by the time I got to sushi.  It just seemed sort of out of left field, but hey, variety is the spice of life. 

That sounds awesome OP.  I'd go with at least 15 pieces per person for a heavy hors d'oeuvres reception =) 
  • edited December 2011
    It all sounds really yummy, especially the cinnamon donuts and hot cider.  It makes me think of trips to the orchard :)

I do agree with Stage about not serving them before the wedding and having fruit, veggie or cheese trays before the ceremony instead.  The donuts and cider would be better as a late-night snack.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I disagree with PP.  There is nothing better than a hot drink on a cold day. 

• RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Double the pieces per person, at least.  12 each is not enough to constitute a meal, which you need as you are having it at a mealtime.  I also think people eat more dip than they think they are, so I'd have plenty of that.  I like the idea of a warm drink before the ceremony, but I think the doughnuts would work better as part of the dessert. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards