Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

How to seat guests without walking down our decorated aisle?

So our wedding in on July 14th outside and I have this vision of a decorated aisle. I suggested that we make a walkway on either side of the aisle so that guests can get to their seats that way....however both of our Mom's got upset that their wouldnt be enough room for the usher to talk the lady down the walkway unless we really really spaced out the two rows of chairs and she wasn't crazy about making guests go on the outsides of the chairs to their seats. Our chairs will have to be placed in a half moon shape I think. Any suggestions on what to do? We are thinking of putting glitter down the aisle and I didnt want everybody to have glitter all over their shoes...but maybe it's just going to have to be that way...

Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to seat guests without walking down our decorated aisle?

• Why not decorate the aisle after all the guests have been seated? 

Also, are you sure you're allowed to put down glitter?  Many venues don't allow scattered or thrown things because it's a pain to clean up or damages the floors.  Glitter would rank high on that list (as do fresh rose petals). 

• The ceremony location is in my parents front yard, so that's not a probem.  :)  My one bridesmaid suggested to do the aisle after everybody was seated too...but if there would be any sort of breeze, those seated downwind would get sparkled.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Will the aisle be the front lawn?  If so, how's anyone going to see the glitter in the grass anyway?
    Anniversary
  • Well, if it was done before the ceremony and there was a breeze, they would get sparkled, too!

I think you should do it after the guests are seated.  It'll be pretty watching all the glitter be scattered!
  • While I think the sprinkling of the glitter would be pretty, the glitter itself will be a nightmare.  You'll be finding glitter in all sorts of strange places for days  :)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_how-to-seat-guests-without-walking-down-our-decorated-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:e1dc5bb3-e753-44be-aee9-b3f635a2b033Post:f51bd72b-bd32-4b50-8dbc-a6693b21e3bc">Re: How to seat guests without walking down our decorated aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How to seat guests without walking down our decorated aisle? : And how is having it done earlier going to prevent this?  It will just give MORE time for the breeze to destroy the aisle decor and glitter your guests.  I'm with your mom, honestly.  I truly HATE having to walk to the outside of a seating area and scootch all the way down a pew or row of chairs.  <strong>I'd recommend doing an aisle runner that has the glitter attached TO it</strong>, then putting it out before the processional.  That way, your guests aren't inconvenienced OR glittered.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great idea!
    Anniversary
  • Stage is brilliant.  They don't call glitter the herpes of the craft world for nothin'!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards