California-Northern
Options

DJ Recommendations?

We're looking for a dj who will be good at getting/keeping the party going, but won't be a stereotypical lame cheesy dj.

The other main requirement is that we want a dj who can take care of the music for our outdoor ceremony, and cocktail hour, and reception - 3 separates areas all at one location.  Although it is all at one location, the 3 different areas are separate enough that at least 2 if not 3 sets of equipment may be necessary - we would really prefer a dj who has a good solution for this set-up and isn't going to rack up the price because of it.

Ideally we would love to find someone for not more than $1000 (for approx 5 hrs total - from start of ceremony to the end of reception).  I'm not sure if this is even realistic though.

The wedding is in Daly City, so anyone from SF or anywhere on the Peninsula is probably our first preference, although if they're willing to travel from the East Bay or San Jose then that works too.

Any recommendations?  Thanks...

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Saint Patrick and LOVED him.  I left him a Yelp review too - if you want to check it out.  He was able to handle our ceremony (at a different location) and our cocktail and reception.  He is awesome. 

Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Denon and Doyle. They came recommended by another knottie and so far working with them has been the easiest and best cust service out of all my vendors.

I'm paying ~$1000 for 5 hours for our reception. They definitely have the equiptment to cover 3 locations, but they do charge a fee per extra area.

GL!
  • Options
    msaputramsaputra member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Big Fun DJ. We'll be using them for our wedding next May and will also be setting up in 3 different locations (terrace lawn, courtyard, and then reception hall).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

anhngo - It's nice to hear a review from someone who has already had their wedding, I appreciate it!  It gives that extra bit of confidence in the vendor, knowing how they performed on the actual day.

future mrs. riva - Denon & Doyle were actually suggested by our venue, so that is definitely one I am looking into.  With the multiple locations that pushes us sliiightly over budget, but I guess I'll see if I can talk them down at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Denon & Doyle.  Chris Mowry did our wedding and we got so many complements.  He took control of the whole event and kept things going the whole night.  The company was so easy to work with and very comprable as far as cost goes to other DJs we looked at.  I can't say enough for Chris, I would highly recommend anyone to request him! 
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Extreme Productions Entertainment, LLC their Web site is www.extremeprodjs.com

They're on the higher price spectrum, but I think they're going to be great! We're using Matt B. and he's done work for my dad before.

They want to know about you and your FI and about your relationship. They even sent us the packet of information after we signed our contact with what kinds of music we like, suggestions for songs, like father/daughter, etc.

So far I'm pretty impressed with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    toshecky- Denon and Doyle should give you a discount for the vendor relationship. we got $100 off. it's not much, but any bit helps. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

I did a quite a bit of price checking before booking our DJ.  I had quite a few recommendations...Brad Kinney Productions, Denon & Doyle, Strawberry Fields, Fantasy Sound and Stephen Perry's Mobile DJ Service.

I too have 3 separate locations and will require a set up at each. My final decision was for Stephen Perry http://www.perrysmobiledj.com He came HIGHLY recommended by my former roommate (who is not easily impressed).  She said he kept everyone dancing and they received numerous compliments. He was also the best price point (under $1000) out of all the others and I found great reviews on Wedding Wire about his services.

Good luck and hope that helps!
  • Options
    tobemrsbakertobemrsbaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recomment DJ The Riz (Scott Rizzo) from TRP Entertainment. they have been around since the early 90s.  He has DJed for my company parties for years and lots of my family events. He djed my sisters wedding that needed sound in 3 different areas and was even able to tie them in all together so no matter where you were you were able to here the same thing. Made it very nice when we were trying to get guest from outside to come inside to start my sisters wedding reception. He also is very reasonable in price. He is not a cheesy dj like some other the Djs i have seen at some weddings. He accually DJs at a Club in Livermore every friday night and i think SH Boom nightclub in San Ramon.

here is his number.
    Scott Rizzo
    The Riz
    209-832-0829
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards