Ohio-Cleveland

vegan in cleveland....

ANYONE? ANYONE? hah it seems like we're having a hard time finding vegan friendly anything in the cleveland area. All I've found is bakeries in Columbus.We plan on a vegan cake and all vegan dinner. We may or may not make our own food so a vegan caterer we are also in the search for...but, we are also on a budget any ideas? advice?

Re: vegan in cleveland....

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few to check out, if you haven't already:
    Nature's Bin (Lakewood)
    Food For Thought (Mentor)
    Mustard Seed Market (Montrose and Solon)
    Tree Huggers Cafe (Berea)

Also, Chrissy Hynde's vegan restaurant in Akron called Vegeterranean (sp?) might be worth looking into. Not sure if they do catering, but worth a call. It's an all vegan restaurant.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out the City Club. When we did a walk through of that venue they indicated that they would be happy to accomodate vegetarian and vegan food needs.

Nature's Bin listed above does provide vegan catering. I would also check out Tommy's restaurant.

For cake, call Wild Flour bakery in Rocky River. I have no idea if they can make a vegan cake, but they are seriously the nicest people around so they would try to help I am sure!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    For your cake try http://www.cakesbychristina.net

Not all of her flavors are available with vegan option, but some are.  Email her to find out which ones.
  • sjs34Wed65273sjs34Wed65273 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also searching for vegan-friendly caterers, but in AKRON (even bigger groan)...

Check out:
    Mustard Seed Market
    Tommy's
    Aladdins
    Spice of Life Catering

Dessert:
    West Side Bakery
    About the Cake
    Tremont Scoops
    Specialty Sweets by Molly
    Vegeterreanean (I don't think they cater, but you can at least order from their bakery)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards