Massachusetts-Boston

Honeymoon as Gift

Looking for some good ideas - A few of us couples are pitching in for our wedding gift and we are thinking of paying for a couples honeymoon. They are paying for their entire wedding on their own and didn't want to over extend themselves with a honeymoon. They are a very deserving couple and we want to send them somewhere for a couple days. Looking to spend about $1000 - they live north of boston.

Re: Honeymoon as Gift

• What about just buying a jet blue gift card or another airline?  I mean you could always send them to Nigrara falls or on a cruise from boston to bermuda.  That is very thoughtful of you guys.  I am sure they will appreciate wherever you decide to send them!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • When is the wedding? Do they like beach or city or mountains?
  • If the wedding is in the very near future maybe a few days in Matha's Vineyard?
  • I like the airline gift card idea.  I wouldn't want anyone to book me some place without my consultation.
  • what about just giving them the cash?

My H and I didn't do a honeymoon.  To me I would rather have the $ saved to buy a house.
  • Thank you all for your suggestions! They are getting married in September and we would never book anything without talking to them first. They already have the house so we just thought it would be a great idea. Both of them have worked so hard and deserve a little vacation!
  • My DD gave her sister 3 option packages to choose from at her shower. They were places they were thinking of going but wasn't sure which one they wanted to go to. My DD research each place and put together the packages for them. They chose the one they liked and my DD paid for it.
  • Another suggestion, I know if you check Groupon or Living Social they usually have great getaway deals. Maybe talk to the couple to get an idea of where they want to go and then keep checking those web-sites for a deal that would fit their interests?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked at honeyfund.com? You could create a registry for a hoenymoon for them, flights, massages, whatever. The couple gets to spend the money however they want, but it's fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards