Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Traditional-looking air conditioned churches?? Anyone?

I am trying to think of churches  in Pittsburgh that are air conditioned for an end of July ceremony.  I want that old, traditional church look but not the heat- most older churches do not have central air.  I'm having some trouble thinking of places that will have the look I want without the heat.  Let me know if anyone has suggestions!  I appreciate your help!Smile

Re: Traditional-looking air conditioned churches?? Anyone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention i'm looking for a Catholic church.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most Catholic churches will only marry their members. The only church that I think fits what you are looking for is St. Paul's in Oakland. However, I know they tend to book up pretty fast. If it's something you're interested in, I would get on it ASAP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St Mary's on Mt. Washington and St. Stanislaus in the strip used to marry non-members...no idea about the rules now.  And no clue on the A/C.

I'd maybe just try to get a date at any churches that will marry non-members in the area, and then look at the amenities like A/C.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something to keep in mind is that if it's a stone church, it will probably remain cooler on the inside even in the middle of summer, regardless of being air conditioned or not.  You may not need to dwell on A/C.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help girls, I really appreciate it! I'm going to call those churches to morrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heinz Memorial Chapel is NOT air conditioned.  I attended a wedding there this past weekend and they weren't informed of it until the day before.  I felt so bad for the bridal party and bride and groom, they we're cookin!

Good call on looking into that. :)
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teryan2321teryan2321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are a member of another church, you should be able to marry in your non-parish church if your pastor okays it, at least that's what it says in the guide from my church. If you're not a member of any church, though, it might be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards