New York-Upstate

Wedding at Edison Club or Carousel Ballroom?

Does anyone have experience with either of these venues? Are their any knotties that have bio's or pictures from weddings at either of these venues? 

We are looking at both of them, but would like to see real weddings there. 

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Wedding at Edison Club or Carousel Ballroom?

• edited December 2011
    I am in the process of looking into both of those as well. I cant give you a review as I'm only in the planning stage but I can tell you that Sandi from The Edison Club is very easy to work with. We are considering The Edison Club over The Carousel Ballroom only due to location (getting to Troy is a pain for us and our guests). Both are VERY reasonably priced. I have requested quite a bit of information from both so I may be able to answer some of the questions that you have. Let me know! 
  • AKatharineAKatharine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We liked the atmosphere of Carousel Ballroom with the two separate rooms, although they seem to offer less than Edison club does.

I want to visit Edison club soon. Both the ballroom and edison club have meaning to our family. The Edison club is gorgeous, but I'm not sure where they actually hold weddings.

We are looking to stay around $70-$80 a head, have you seen any other nice locations in that price range?

• edited December 2011
    I have been looking for venues around $50-$60 per person (including tax & gratuity). My fiance and I are seriously considering a destinationish wedding at The Lodge at Echo Lake for only our nearest and dearest as its much more than we were looking to spend for our entire wedding guest list. If you book a Friday or Sunday wedding they give you a discount. The package pricing starts at $69 per person. 

Some other venues within my wedding budget are The Great Escape Lodge (starts at $50 pp), Longfellows (Winter Wonderland package from $59) & Saratoga Gaming and Raceway (starts at $50 - Amy is awesome!). All of these venues have been very easy to communicate with and their packages include quite a bit. I would be happy to hold my wedding at any of these locations. I have information on all if you are interested! Good luck. 
  • edited December 2011
    My father is a member at the Edison Club and my best friend had her wedding their in May '09.  I think the food is pretty good for the place.  It's hard to find great food living in upstate NY.  I am from that area and now live in Westchester and if you have ever been to a wedding down here you will be amazed at how different the food is.  But as for the Edison Club i think it is a great place.  I have never been to the Carousel Ballroom but I know my friend got a great price per person.  The only two things i can say is that the main room where the reception is is quite plain, so i would suggest if you are looking for something every elegant to have your florist or yourself plan on decorating it a little bit more.  Also make sure that if ANYONE in your party has a food allergy you tell them before that day. My friend's sister is allergic to peanuts and she ended up going to the hospital from the Edison club because even though the bread had no nuts the bakery used the same knife to cut the nut bread and the plain bread, So be careful.  That goes with any place though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards