California-San Diego

Looking for affordable hotel/country club venue in SD

Hi all,

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago and am starting to look at venues for Nov 2011 wedding San Diego. My top choice is the Westin hotel in downtown, but they are pretty expensive. My total wedding budget is about $16K. I would love to have our reception in a traditional place like a hotel or country club. Any ideas? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Looking for affordable hotel/country club venue in SD

• wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of what determines where you can have your wedding is your guest list.  I know it's early, but do you have an estimate?

I had mine at the La Jolla Shores Hotel in April of 09.  I had 90 people, total budget of $17,000.

• kkeltnerkkeltner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riverwalk golf club, Tom Ham's Lighthouse, and HUmphrey's by the Bay all offer some pretty good deals.  But like the previous comment, it really depends on the number of people.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to the number of people, time of day (lunch or dinner), and if you have a preference on ocean view or other location.
  • edited December 2011
    Right now about 120-130 for total guest count and preferably Sat evening for reception 11/12/2011
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing my ceremony at the Town and Country hotel in Mission Valley. I had already signed a contract for my reception place, but otherwise I would have had the whole thing there. I'm getting married this July in their gazebo rose garden. They could absolutely make your wedding happen with your budget. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The Bonita Golf Course has some great pricing and is really lovely. You might also try some of the military locations. For all but two you would need a sponsor, but they're really lovely locations.
  • csudiacacsudiaca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,  If you are looking for an invitation vendor we would be glad to help.  You can view our work at www.lolletterpress.com.  Thanks... LOL

LOL Letterpress
    lolletterpress@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards