New York-New York City

Photographer

Venting...

So I had a photographer that I thought was going to be good.  My FI and I signed a contract and was going to leave it at that.  Then I started to do some research.  Yes I know I waited a little late to do that.  Come to find out they are considered the worst in the wedding industry!  They have so many complaints and have a not so good rating in the bbb. 

Well, I was going to ignore all of this but I couldn't any longer.  I'm a picture person and want beautiful shots!  Well I was contacted by another photography company who also does other wedding stuff.  I went to a wedding Expo and they got my info there.  We started talking and they asked me who I had as a photographer.  I said I didnt want to say, because when I do it always ends up negative.  Tell me why the company guessed who I had!  At that point I said hell no!!

After visiting this company and looking at their contract and studio I felt a bit better with this place.  Yes it cost more but because they felt bad for us, they added a lot more to our package for free.  They have an A on the bbb. And no complaints from what I can see.  I just sent my certificed letter to the old place and want to bid farewell to them.

I have learned my lesson...do research before signing anything!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer

• edited December 2011

At least you figured it all out before the wedding. Since you already signed a contract are you losing money?

Good Luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i would bet anything that the bad photography co is Sarah Merians!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what was bad about the photographer? was it that they've bad client relations, or are the photos terrible?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently they're being/or have been sued by a lot of people...not a good thing.  There reputation is not good, i found this out after I researched a bit.  Bad client rep, issues with contracts.  No follow through... Just to much negativity!

Yes I lost my deposit which wasn't a lot and yea it stinks, but I would rather loose that then have any issues on my day or loose more money! 

They could have been great on my day..but I just don't want to take any chances...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh honey I am so sorry. A fab photog is Angela Cappetta. We just love her. I just wanted to ring in and help if I can. I'm a lawyer so write to me privately if you need any help. My fingers are crossed for you that it all works out.
  • leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_photographer-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:21136768-ab00-48fe-af40-8de1dc3f446aPost:ca98896c-5ecb-401d-8591-bc4478b950a1">Re: Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh honey I am so sorry. A fab photog is Angela Cappetta. We just love her. I just wanted to ring in and help if I can. I'm a lawyer so write to me privately if you need any help. My fingers are crossed for you that it all works out.
    Posted by LaurelMcGovern[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much....I really appreciate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Of course!!!! I'm still rooting for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards