North Carolina

XP: Keeping cool during an outdoor ceremony

Our ceremony is outside in May at 2pm. We're providing water and lemonade for our guests and will have a paper fan thing at each chair.

If you are planning for a warm, outdoor ceremony, what are you doing? What have you seen at other outdoor ceremonies that you appreciated having available? Other ideas?
**TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since December 2011
Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
~*~Everyone is welcome~*~

Re: XP: Keeping cool during an outdoor ceremony

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it sound like you are doing a pretty good job.  I had my wedding on the beach in Sept. It was hot. But people prepared for it and we kept the ceremony short and sweet so we could get people inside quickly.  If you keep things somewhat short, I think everyone should be fine.  Hope that helps!

• edited December 2011
    don't tell me that you will be in the big wide open with the sun beaming down and all the mom's sweating under the arms in their dresses and the brothers smelling like they've been to a hog chasing contast.
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning pretty similar to you, because with an April 30th wedding I know it could go either way (this part year, it was HOT on that day!) and we are having a 5:30 ceremony, outdoors.  I am debating doing program fans out of cardstock to be dual purpose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing program fans too! I'm getting married on the beach in Sept at 5pm so hopefully it wont be too hot. I'm more concerned about rain.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thank you alliegator, amandaandkyle and carolinagal for the constructive feedback!
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late but we are having an outdoor cermony and reception.  I am more concerned with rain since I do not have a back up plan other than a tent even then my guests will get soaked going to their cars.  Our wedding time is scheudled for 6pm so try to beat the heat and also the venue is very shaded with a hugh rock wall and lots of treess.  I like your lemonade idea!  Might even try water bottles and crystle light packets.  There is a little gazebo as your enter the venue where I might have either someone stand there or just haev a sign with water as you walk a litle futher down my registar attendent and prgram attendent will be....they are situated in a specific place so that the ushers don't have as far to walk. 

Good luck!!

Oh don't even worry about Andrea...she has been around longer than I have on this board (over 2 years now) and she usually never has anything nice to say.
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ecuchika! We really wanted an outdoor ceremony and the ceremony time is due to the ending time of our reception, so we're trying to find ways to accommodate our guests. We're not going to have a long ceremony and the reception is indoors. We also have a rain plan so we're "covered" there. HAHA 
  • katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is July 2, in SC.

We will have bottled water for people & a big tent to shade people.

Our ceremony shouldn't be longer than 15 minutes. So everyone should be fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrstsoon2bmrstsoon2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a beach wedding Sept. 17 and we are doing program fans and small bottles of water with personalized labels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards