Christian Weddings
Options

NWR prayer request

Sometimes I feel selfish about asking for prayers, but I had my hearing tested yesterday because I knew it was getting worse.  I've had permanent tinnitus in my hears (constant ringing) since HS, but also slight hearing loss when I got tested about 5 years ago.  It's partly hereditary (my mom has also had permanent tinnitus for about 50 years now and has had hearing aids for about 2-3 years).

When I got tested yesterday, my numbers for both ears both jumped nearly 10 points.  I'm now at a 15 in my right ear and 20 in my left year (you want 0 ideally) and at 25, that's when you notice hearing impairment in daily conversations.  With my music background (I'm a HS music teacher) I've noticed it for a couple years, and a lot of it is work related.  Yet another reason I'm not returning to my job next year! 

So, just pray that the school will finally understand the importance of GOOD acoustics (they are building a new building, but my band room will actually be a tad smaller!!) and that I can slow down the process of hearing loss.  I'd like to be able to teach music for awhile!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: NWR prayer request

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i will be praying for you!

Be healed in Jesus name!! 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, girl. I am so sorry. I went through something simliar a couple of years ago, but it was a side effect of medication. Something that was really powerful for me during that time (and the hundreds of other times I've struggled with my health) was coming before my church and asking for prayers for healing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're in my thoughts & prayers!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Praying here too.

I am a band teacher at heart, and have taught 3 years of band (2 of those years were in high school), and I still play a LOT professionally around my state and I am now VERY invested in carrying ear plugs with me wherever I go.  I'm so scared that my ears will lose their ability to hear those little nuances that make me a good musician and a good music educator too.  

We ALL need classrooms that are built correctly.  I can only imagine what our physical well-being would be if we had the right facilities for the expected purpose of the room.  Ugh. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards