Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cheesecake Bar Idea

My fiance and I refuse (and can't afford) to pay 8-11 dollars per serving for a traditional wedding cake. We both love cheesecake and were thinking of hitting up Costco to purchase plain cheesecakes. I thought it would be fun to also put out different types of toppings that people could pile on top of their cheesecake if they like. I imgine strawberries, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, whipped cream, other fruits, and ... ? Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cheesecake Bar Idea

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at the Cheesecake Factory menu and see what they have on/in their cheesecakes, see what appeals to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cookie dough, browniebites, hot fudge, hot caramel, crushed candy, fresh whipped cream (no canned stuff), raspberry sauce... sounds good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caramel, nuts, raspberries, pineapple....some sort of little candies
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love blueberry cheesecake.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like strawberrys, FI likes peanut butter, white chocolate chips, raspberry syrup, coconut, carmel, chocolate sauce, pecans, butterfinger, pineapple, cookie dough, brownie, snickers, baked apples, oreo, cherrys!

Hope that helps
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheesecakes aren't all that cheap if you're worried about your budget. Plus, all those toppings are really going to add up. I'm suprised you can't find a bakery in your area that's cheaper than $8-11 a person.

I do like the cheesecake idea though, I love cheesecake. Just some food for thought...cheesecake is best when it's served cold so make sure you aren't taking it out of the fridge until the last minute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YUM Cheesecake. 

You know, I've seen weddings where each table has a different cake for a centerpiece, or just have a generic cake bar, including a few types of cheesecakes.  You could definitely get each cake for less than $80.  You could just get  bunch of different flavors of cakes from different bakeries and let people run around tasting :)  That would save you on toppings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cheesecake-bar-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:80de47c0-2d25-4f23-afbb-ca759c3b390ePost:f14eeb3a-8bb5-477f-908b-57d7242e9d76">Re: Cheesecake Bar Idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cheesecakes aren't all that cheap if you're worried about your budget. Plus, all those toppings are really going to add up. I'm suprised you can't find a bakery in your area that's cheaper than $8-11 a person.  I do like the cheesecake idea though, I love cheesecake. Just some food for thought...cheesecake is best when it's served cold so make sure you aren't taking it out of the fridge until the last minute.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]
    While I agree that cheesecake is more likely to be more expensive (though if your costco sells them super cheap, then that's awesome), I don't agree with the cold bit. Cheesecake is best served at room temperature; the flavor is optimal and at its creamiest at room temp, so while I wouldn't recommend leaving it out for hours at a time, it should be set out at least a half hour before serving.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's some pricey cake! I'm sure there are cheaper bakers out there. I think we paid 4$ p/p on Maui.

Cheesecake sounds delicious though... as long as there's good mix between the really dense ones and lighter cheesecakes, I'd be happy with whatever you put out.
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dulce de leche sauce would be wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      Here are some ideas:
    *different fruit toppings (strawberry, blueberry, cherry, raspberry, apple, peach and lemon)
    * chocolate chips (white, milk and dark)
    * butterscotch chips
    * hot fudge
    * caramel
    *chocolate sauce
    *coconut
    *rainbow sprinkles
    *Heath pieces
    * Reese's pieces
    *Oreo cookie crumbles
    *cookie dough
    *pecans, walnuts, cashews or almonds
    *marshmallow fluff
    *Nutella
    *graham cracker crumbs
    *whipped cream

• Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $8-11? seriously?
    I live in one of the most expensive suburbs of DC and the places around us run about $4-5 per serving. I honestly didn't think it could get more expensive than around where I live. You need to check out some other bakers if you're concerned about price.

I think a cheesecake bar sounds AMAZING personally, but I don't think it would be cheaper in the long run.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Costco's Cheesecake is DELICIOUS, just as good as the ones from Cheesecake Factory.... Around here they sell for $12.99 and I believe it has 12 servings. I think it is a great idea specially with all the toppings suggestions listed above...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards