July 2012 Weddings
Options

How are you?....

Hey Girls,

I'm wondering how your addressing your invitations and your RSVPs?  I'm thinking of handwriting my invs. but then I'm worried it might not look good.  (I have nice handwriting most days and FI has AWESOME handwriting).
I also thought about just printing the addresses out on my printer, but I don't know
So... what are you doing?
. Anniversary aandt image

Re: How are you?....

• Options
    The lady I'm buying my invites through has a printer that prints like caligraphy.  It looks really cool on the envelopes and is going to save me tons of time and energy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not sure yet. We will probably do them ourselves, but someone I work with does caligrphy and offered her services, but we havent talked price yet. So it depends what shes going to charge us.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I said printing on envelope, but it's actually a little more complicated than that. FI and I both have pretty mediocore handwriting, so I knew that wasn't an option. We are using brown envelopes (kraft paper, to go with our vintagey style wedding). So to address them, we are doing something like the method here:
    http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy

Basically, you print on the envelopes with a color similar but slightly different than your envelope color (we are using a free caligraphy style font). Then you trace over it with a milky ink pen.

I have started on them already, b/c the process takes sooo long, but it's cheaper than hiring a calligrapher.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I don't know what i'm doing yet but I like bmorebride's idea.
  • Options
    We were getting ours custom made by a local designer. She can also print both the return address and send to address on the enevlopes. We are going to have her do it because then the fonts/decorations on the enevlope will match the invite. Totally worth the extra cost because I know if I tried to do them at home I'd drive myself crazy. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest diy-paper-flowers-5
  • Options
    We are hiring a calligrapher for $100 bucks my handwriting is terrible. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We're going anti-etiquette and printing on labels.  My family/friends won't know the difference anyway and it has saved me tons of $ and aggravation. 

I also wasted lots of envelopes and ink trying to print them myself, so we said f*ck it.  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We're going to hand write ours. I think it's fun to write down addresses. We did that for our STDs and I enjoyed it! Our response card envelopes already have our address printed on it in a nice font that matches our invitations.  

We bought labels though, but I am terrified to try using them with our printer and with my luck, it'll not work out. I don't really mind that it is against etiquette, people are going to throw away the envelopes anyway so I don't really want to spend so much time/money on the addresses.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I said printing on the envelopes although I am really not even sure yet.  All I know is I will not be handwriting them because I suck.  My uncle does calligraphy but that is so much to ask of someone. so we will see.
  • Options
    I think my mom and I will just handwrite the addresses.  We both have nice handwriting, and I think it would be easier to do it by hand then try to run them through the printer.  We haven't looked into a calligrapher, though so maybe we will check out those prices.  I handwrote our STD addresses and they came out fine!! 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I saw this thing on pinterest that you print the calligraphy on your envelops with a light color then you go over it with a black marker so to speak. It looks professional done so I am going to try it out and try to save some money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_how-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d7bc14ac-7f94-46d2-9806-5ba321b8454bPost:b1e8c03a-ce7b-4f92-a0c8-23aa288fa33f">Re: How are you?....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said printing on envelope, but it's actually a little more complicated than that. FI and I both have pretty mediocore handwriting, so I knew that wasn't an option. We are using brown envelopes (kraft paper, to go with our vintagey style wedding). So to address them, we are doing something like the method here: <strong><a href="http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy" rel="nofollow">http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy</a></strong> Basically, you print on the envelopes with a color similar but slightly different than your envelope color (we are using a free caligraphy style font). Then you trace over it with a milky ink pen. I have started on them already, b/c the process takes sooo long, but it's cheaper than hiring a calligrapher.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea, thanks for the link
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_how-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d7bc14ac-7f94-46d2-9806-5ba321b8454bPost:1b979eb3-3b9b-4054-9093-7d6f8f860518">Re: How are you?....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How are you?.... : I really like this idea, thanks for the link
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I selected printing on envelopes, but it depends on if I can get our printer to do it correctly. If not then I'll be doing labels. It's better that the post office and people can read them than trying to write them with my horrible handwriting and no one can read them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    I hadnt thought about this yet. So thanks for the post! 
    Ill most likely be handwriting them. But I think I will be having a BMs come over and help me with DIY project nights, so maybe that will be added to the list. but we will see. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put hand writing them. I did it with the STDs and although it was a PITA and took a couple of days, I'm not willing to spend money on a calligrapher. My hand writing is pretty decent if I take my time...just takes a LOT more time than my normal scribblings lol
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    My mom does calligraphy pretty well so she's going to address them for me. I addressed the STDs myself and they didn't turn out so good, I have awful handwriting. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_how-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d7bc14ac-7f94-46d2-9806-5ba321b8454bPost:b1e8c03a-ce7b-4f92-a0c8-23aa288fa33f">Re: How are you?....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said printing on envelope, but it's actually a little more complicated than that. FI and I both have pretty mediocore handwriting, so I knew that wasn't an option. We are using brown envelopes (kraft paper, to go with our vintagey style wedding). So to address them, we are doing something like the method here: <a href="http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy" rel="nofollow">http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-calligraphy</a> Basically, you print on the envelopes with a color similar but slightly different than your envelope color (we are using a free caligraphy style font). Then you trace over it with a milky ink pen. I have started on them already, b/c the process takes sooo long, but it's cheaper than hiring a calligrapher.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Thanks a TON for this! That's why I love coming here.. you get so many ideas you had never even dreamed of!

I'll bring this up to FI. He wants to print, but I hate the hassle of printing and would rather handwrite them. He doesn't like that idea much. Even though it's still printing and it would be double the work (what I was TRYING to avoid with printing in the first place haha) I like the idea because it still seems a little more personal. And fancier. Thanks again!! :)
  • Options
    I am handwriting them.  Printing seems to impersonal to me and I HATE HATE HATE the look of calligraphy. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards