March 2012 Weddings

Ring Question

So, my wedding is 4 days away, which is seriously unbelievable. So, I have a question about your rings. I have an appointment to get mine cleaned on Thursday, the day before the wedding. However, I'm wondering if I should have it redipped instead. Do you plan on getting yours cleaned or redipped before the wedding?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ring Question

• I'm just getting my ring cleaned.  It doesn't need redipped.  We have only been engaged since the end of June and I take it off if I am sleeping or cleaning.
  • I'm doing both... My ring is being re-dipped right now and I'll get it cleaned two days before the wedding
  • I guess it depends on your jeweler...but Zales takes almost a week to redip the ring (They have to take all the diamonds out of the setting to do it). I am not sure if you will have enough time to redip!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • I'm having mine redipped... But I've worn it non-stop for the last year, and they say to do it once a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't totally decided yet but I'm thinking I'll just get it cleaned. I don't want it to be gone for a week and I don't think it really needs it yet.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I voted leave as is, but now that I think about it, I will probably just have it cleaned. I've had it for a year, but I take it off to shower, clean, sleep, when I wash my hands, etc. So it still looks pretty good. I tried on my wedding band and it doesn't look any different.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • I'll stop by Thursday and get it cleaned just so it sparkles for photos. My ring is platinum, so the re-dip isnt an option.
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_ring-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:d2552def-f19c-467c-afd5-087191e21a28Post:032a7103-7358-43e0-8603-788bcdd26ad0">Re: Ring Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll stop by Thursday and get it cleaned just so it sparkles for photos. My ring is platinum, so the re-dip isnt an option.
    Posted by aenordan[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    Anniversary
  • I'm just planning on cleaning it myself. I have a cleaner from the jeweler that does a good job.
  • Alright, the verdict is in, I'll just stick to the cleaning. I definitely don't want to leave it for more than a day, so redipping probably isn't an option. Thanks ladies for the advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards