Christian Weddings
Options

Inspiration Mondays

write something that has inspired you this past week. it could be a verse. a sermon. a person. a conversation. anything. 

let us all know so we can share your inspiration. (:

Re: Inspiration Mondays

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am reading "Captivating: Unveling the mystery of a woman's a soul" 
    A paragraph I read this weekend really stood out to me. The chapter was talking about how God wants to have a deeper, more intimate relationship with us.

"Every song you love, every moment you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart. God's version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens and fierce devotion"

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_inspiration-mondays-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:de40e4c6-d3f6-4b4b-80b3-e8e69b4f4442Post:cd053ef4-aed7-43c9-802c-ffa0709cdd3b">Re: Inspiration Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am readin<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">g</font><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff"> "Captivating: Unveling the mystery of a woman's a soul" </font> A paragraph I read this weekend really stood out to me. The chapter was talking about how God wants to have a deeper, more intimate relationship with us. "Every song you love, every moment you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breath in order to win your heart. God's version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens and fierce devotion"
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">this is my FAVORITE book!!!! i have seriously read it like 3 times. i recommend it to EVERY girl i know! i have things underlined, highlighted, circled in it! (: i even told FI i want him to read it someday. hehe. </font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">
    </font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">what you pulled out that chapter is such an amazing realization!!! sometimes when the wind blows my hair i know that the Lord is romancing me! (: 
    </font>
    </div>
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, my little college town where I'm working for the summer doesn't have a Christian radio station. I was driving home on Thursday after work and I could finally get KLove. Laura Story's "Blessings" was on. I'd never heard it before...I got chills when it came to this part:

And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
    We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
    As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
    All the while, You hear each desperate plea
    And long that we'd have faith to believe

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
    What if Your healing comes through tears
    What if a thousand sleepless nights
    Are what it takes to know You’re near
    And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

My mind flew to some of my friends who were in a terrible accident about a year ago and the husband has TBI now. Kathleen has always had an amazing spirit and attitude about everything that's happened and this song just reminded me of her and what she's dealing with now. It gave me a new perspective to say the least.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_inspiration-mondays-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:de40e4c6-d3f6-4b4b-80b3-e8e69b4f4442Post:89641b7c-6fd6-496e-bc8f-c69ba8bedcd8">Re: Inspiration Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inspiration Mondays : this is my FAVORITE book!!!! i have seriously read it like 3 times. i recommend it to EVERY girl i know! i have things underlined, highlighted, circled in it! (: i even told FI i want him to read it someday. hehe.  <strong>what you pulled out that chapter is such an amazing realization!!! sometimes when the wind blows my hair i know that the Lord is romancing me! (: </strong>
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]<div>I was sitting out on my porch when I was reading this book and I literally stopped reading and noticed the gentle breeze, flowers and clouds in the sky. It was an amazing moment!

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone wrote this on facebook and I really thought it was a good one.

"Men, be the man you want your daughter to marry and your son to become."
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_inspiration-mondays-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:de40e4c6-d3f6-4b4b-80b3-e8e69b4f4442Post:1affb00c-224a-4ed0-8686-e2d4b60fb543">Re: Inspiration Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">Someone wrote this on facebook and I really thought it was a good one</font><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#999999">.</font><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff00ff"> "Men, be the man you want your daughter to marry and your son to become.</font>"
    Posted by StacyJenniges[/QUOTE]

<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000">i love love love this!!!! amazing! </font></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At my bridal shower on Sunday, everyone wrote a piece of advice for me. My favorite one said, "Remember God is your father and also your father-in-law. Treat R as God's son." I LOVED that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards