Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Help - need a talented seamstress

Well we got lucky and found a beautiful dress at Running of the Brides in Atlanta but it needs alterations.  It is too big and needs to be taken in everywhere (and hemmed).  Any recommendatios?  Fortunately the dress has no beading.  It is raw silk, has a full skirt and pockets.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Help - need a talented seamstress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you found a dress at ROTB! We tried and gave up after 2 hours. Congrats:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you didn't find anything.  Funny thing is we would have given up too but we were next to a bride that had a dress that my daughter loved.  We saw the other bride try it on and it was obviously way too small for her.  We asked if we could try it if she decided not to take it.  She said okay but she wanted to think about it.  Since it was so small on her, we figured she would eventually release it.  She did, just as we found our dress.  My daughter did try on the other brides dress and it was too tight for her too.  LOL funny how things work out.  We would have given up too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Vinnie. I dont know her last name.  She works with Wedding Belles on Magazine. Great seamstrees. Not cheap but very quick.  Call Wedding Belles and they can give you her info. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya there was a beautiful Demetrios gown that I was sitting on for a while  and passed on to another bride, along with our 5$ mirror we had brought. The pickups in the gown were nice, but my mom disliked them and I thought it might go out of style, so I decided it wasn't for me. There are so many ROTB stories I've heard, some good, some bad, but all entertaining! I'm glad for the experience:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards