New York-Hudson Valley

Tarrytown House Questions?

Hey Ladies
Nestie in need of some information:

A co-workers son is getting married and was looking at the Tarrytown House....Any good or bad reviews would be appreciated!
Spanks!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

Re: Tarrytown House Questions?

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I looked at Tarrytown House when I was venue shopping, I thought it was beautiful but there were 2 major problems for me. One of which was that it's ridiculously expensive! The other was that it's a resort and very popular for Manhattan families to come and get away from the city, so the only places to get married outside were near the outdoor pool, and I was worried that it would be loud and people would be walking around near us in their bathing suits and such. I'm getting married in July so it's a concern of mine, but if your friend isn't then it's not a big deal!

If the price hadn't been way out of my range, it would have been a major consideration, though! Amanda was really sweet and the grounds are so beautiful! Good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I will pass it on!
    They are thinking about March - I hope no bathing suits then! LOL

• edited December 2011
    Oh haha okay no bathing suits, probably not too many visitors from NYC and probably much nicer looking prices!! My whole description goes out the window! :) goooood luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_tarrytown-house-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:ffb0684d-ce7f-4854-aa69-40517da0b50aPost:31cb130d-1123-4fad-845b-781ab008a952">Re: Tarrytown House Questions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh haha okay no bathing suits, probably not too many visitors from NYC and probably much nicer looking prices!! My whole description goes out the window! :) goooood luck!!
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

<div>hahaha</div><div>its ok! Thanks for responding =)</div>

• edited December 2011
    My sister got married there a few years back! It was beautiful! The garden was gorgeous, food was delicious, I know it is a little pricey, but it was worth it! Loved it there =)
  • aprilfresh11aprilfresh11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just went to a wedding there the other night, while it was certainly beautiful and the food was fine, once the wedding was over, the staff made it very obvious that they didn't want us in the bar afterwards. The bartender was either incapable or uninterested in making money from the 20 or 30 of us who were looking to keep the party going at 9:00 at night, so rather than saying last call, he was just flat out rude. The manager watched us walk out without muttering a "Thank You" or "Goodnight" Being that my husband and I have both worked in 4 star/5 diamond hotels and other fine dining establishments, we were absolutely appalled by their lack of a$$ kissing (for lack of a better term, lol). Once they got their money for the wedding, they basically wanted to kick us to the curb.

On top of that, the valet must have taken our car key off the key chain with our house keys, but only returned the car key. When we asked where the rest of our keys were, the valet said he would check our car for us. Ten minutes later, he came back and said he couldn't find them, and that he left our keys up the hill at the front desk. We walked up to the front desk, and they told us that they weren't responsible for losing our keys because the valet is subcontracted out, and a separate company from the hotel. I'm sure that's true, but it's certainly not the kind of answer you should give a guest!?!? At this point, I asked for the key to the car to make sure everything was still there, and when we opened the door,our house keys were on the front seat. The valet clearly lied.

All in all, while it was a nice place, the management is absolutely incompetent. They obviously don't provide top notch hospitality as they promise. The way they treated us was like inviting your friends over for dinner, and then kicking them out just when everyone was starting to have a good time.

P.S. We got married about a month ago, and our guests had such a great time that many stayed for an extra hour and a half. The bar stayed open, and the servers remained all smiles. When it got to the point where they wanted to clean up, they politely made last call, and everyone quickly left. All it takes is a little tact!!

Sorry, but when you're spending ANY amount of money for your wedding day, you should be treated like a human being!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards