Florida-South Florida
Options

Is this tradition?

My mom (who I'm hoping means well) asked me if Chris and I were planning to have a brunch of some sort and open gifts with our immediate family the day after the wedding... um what? Has anyone ever heard of doing this before?

Re: Is this tradition?

• Options
    We had a brunch the day after the wedding, but not to open gifts. We wanted to have another opportunity to be with our out of town guests and close family. I think opening gifts could be a bit odd, especially since many of the gifts are envelopes filled with cash! We just got a park pavillion and brought in panera's and a party sub. It was really laid back, and a great opportunity to spend more time with people before they left town.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    Who did you invite to join you? FI and I are talking about just doing parents, grandparents, our siblings and wedding party... because even though all of my aunts, uncles and cousins will be coming in from out of town- there are so many (I have 8 aunts/uncles plus spouses and 20+ cousins)- it would be like wedding reception round 2 IMO (most of my side of our guest list are said aunts/uncles/cousins). But on the same token, it would be nice to spend a little more time with some of them (not all... family drama, sigh)... I just feel kinda stuck.
  • Options
    We are planning on having a breakfast the next day for close friends and family. We will NOT be opening gifts there.

From what I've read, couples should open their gifts alone!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards