May 2013 Weddings

Major checks this weekend!

So FI and I made some excellent progress this weekend on wedding things. He was feeling overwhelmed with having so many options available to us and things got a little tense but it all worked out!

First we went to the venue. I had so many pending items to figure out and this visit answered all my questions! We finalized our menu at the tasting. It was great and we loved what the chef made for us.

We finalized the layout of the space. How many tables, where we will be, etc.

We prepared a backup layout in the event of bad weather.

We talked about the timeline and the order of events. When we will be announced, dance, and cut the cake. Awesome

They also made changes to the outdoor space where we will get married. It looks great but now I want to decorate the arbor area.

I finalized the length of my aisle given the new guest count. It will be apps 15-18 feet long

I also timed "my walk" so I know how much music time i need.

And lastly, I got to play with ceremony chairs and sashes. All of this accomplished in just one meeting!

Then we drove and found the hotel we would like to set up our room block at. The group sales person was not there to help, so I'll contact them this week. But we at least know where we want to be.

Lastly, I drove to a salon to get a quote on wedding hair and makeup. It was a very reasonable price and I set up a trial for the 21st!

I'm so excited about the final decisions that have been made! Things are coming along!
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Major checks this weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards