August 2012 Weddings
Options

Invite and RSVP Wording Questions

I want it to be clear to people that the reception is at a house, and that it's outdoors because it may be quite warm (there will be some air conditioning, and LA cools off really well starting around 5pm, but people need to be comfy going outside in late afternoon). Would it be weird to put 

Reception to follow
beginning at four o'clock
in the back yard of
address of house

I feel like the "in the back yard of" might be a bit odd.

Also, we're only serving one meat and one vegetarian entree. My plan is

Please Respond by
August 4th
M___
__Accepts __Declines
__Vegetarian entree(s)

Is that going to confuse non-vegetarians and make them think there's only veg food?

(PS, back from Berlin and Prague, and really trying to decompress. Why are conferences always sooo stressful?)

Re: Invite and RSVP Wording Questions

• Options
    What about saying:

Outdoor reception to follow
    beginning at four o'clock
    address of house

Please Respond by
    August 4th
    M___
    __Accepts __Declines
    __Beef tenderloin (or whatever the main entree is)
    __Vegetarian risotto (or whatever the veg entree is)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree with PP about the food part (I would think it was veg food only the way OP wrote it)... but the way PP wrote the beginning part only indicated that it's an outdoor receptiom, I would still ahve no idea it was at a house.

I agree that "in the backyard of" does sound a bit odd, but can't think of a better way to word it. If you can't come up with a better way then you can always mention on your wedding website (if you made one) that it's at so & so's house & mention something about the weather.

My reception in half indoor/half outdoor so I mentioned on my wedding website to bring something warm with them just incase and that ladies should wear outdoor appropriate shoes so their heals won't get stuck in the ground. I just wrote at the bottom of the invite "For addition information please visit our wedding website" and listed the website address. Word of mouth will help too so inform your parents, his parents, and the bridal party and that should help as well. Good luck!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will add a second line for the meat entree, then.

Yeah, I did do a wedding website, so maybe I can just put it there. I'm just a little worried because the reception site is next door to a very active church with big facilities, so I don't want my oot guests to get confused and start wandering around some other wedding's reception or something.
  • Options

I googled "invitation wording outdoor reception" and I looked at a few neat ways to put it. 

My favorite was:  "Join us for a reception under the stars"

Others included:
    Garden reception
    Cocktails on the lawn
    Reception atop the hill

So maybe you could put something about the reception being on the lawn or under the stars (not sure if you see the night sky stars in LA..) at address of home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Why don't you do:

So-and-so
    invite you to the wedding of
    You and FI
    at four o'clock in the afternoon
    Saturday the first of September two thousand twelve
    at
    The Smith Home
    Address

As far as the food options go, yes I think it's a bit confusing.  And some people who aren't vegetarians might not be able to eat the meat dish for whatever reason (my Mom isn't vegetarian, but can't eat red meat).  I would suggest putting:

- New York Strip Steak
    - Vegetarian Lasagna

That way you're giving people options.  Since I imagine the vegetarian dish is probably less expensive than the meat option, it's probably a good thing for you as you'll save money if people choose to eat the vegetarian dish.

Anniversary

• Options
    I love Calindi's invite wording about the home, I think that sounds much better and still get's your point across!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards