Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Getting Married at a Light House on Cape Cod or another alternative

I am looking for an outdoor alternative for a wedding. I want some place that will be different, I can put up a tent, and add some fun elements. Like people can play lawn games and havefun other than dancing...I thought outside a lighthouse would be cool for the end of August/September, but wasnt sure if it was possible and if anyone knew what the fees were...
Another crazy alternative was getting married outside in the fall near a cranberry bog, when the foliage is starting...so i was looking for a place to rent for the day that would have that backdrop...it could be on a large lawn or something... if needed
I dont want a formal restaurant ish venue. But Ive looked all over and have yet to find anything like that ... that I really liked. Any ideas for anywhere in Southeastern MA or RI?

Re: Getting Married at a Light House on Cape Cod or another alternative

• Options
    ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married at a cranberry bog is such a cool idea!  I have no idea if they allow wedding or anything, but Makepeace is a huge cranberry grower with tons of properties, so I think they would be a good place to start! 
    www.admakepeace.com/index.asp
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Southers Marsh in Plymouth may be an option.  While it is a golf course it is on a cranberry bog and the dining area overlooks it.  I know that they do also do tented weddings and you can get married there.  good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LuckyBanditLuckyBandit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Baggins End Guest House in Fairhaven, MA. 

Its a really cute little B&B with a nice lawn and private pier. Bonus: Its very reasonable and the proprietor, Diane, is incredibly nice/helpful and will give you contacts for local vendors. 

467_310_csupload_6883525.jpg

• Options
    Reykjavik9Reykjavik9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bourne Farm in Falmouth is on a cranberry bog: http://www.saltpond.info/wedding.htm It's a beautiful setting. Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards