Catholic Weddings

"Ten things I wish I had known as a new wife"

Re: "Ten things I wish I had known as a new wife"

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting!  That list has some good advice

• chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    These are really cute! Thanks for sharing!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    It had some good advice but I am just not buying one little sentence:
    "The Holy Spirit sometimes appears unable to distinguish between two married people, and may react as if you’re praying together."

How can all powerful God be confused by a person praying?  I just don't buy it.  Other then that little hitch everything was pretty good :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_ten-things-wish-known-new-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c067485f-25e9-4112-8430-22b3b5335050Post:4007656c-bd46-4350-8c09-d920a87436fd">Re: "Ten things I wish I had known as a new wife"</a>:
    [QUOTE]It had some good advice but I am just not buying one little sentence: "The Holy Spirit sometimes appears unable to distinguish between two married people, and may react as if you’re praying together." How can all powerful God be confused by a person praying?  I just don't buy it.  Other then that little hitch everything was pretty good :)
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    I thought the author was trying to be more cute than serious there, as in-- let's say there is an unbelieving spouse, and the believing spouse prays that God will bless their marriage, then maybe God will bless the prayer as if it were coming from the *couple* rather than just one person. I don't think she was saying the HS gets *confused,* but just that there is already such a spiritual bond between two married people, that one person could pray on behalf of both of them if necessary?
    Anniversary
  • ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    Well I hope so. :)  Because that was pretty out there.  Thanks for explaining it a little better.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards