Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews 1

Hello ladies!  I have enjoyed my time reading the board and commenting here and there.  I thought the vendor reviews were a great help so I thought I would contribute mine.  We were married on July 3rd and were blessed with a break in the humidity for a great day!

Bridal Gown & Bridesmaids Dresses & Bridal Gown Alterations - Alan Ray Bridal - A - I had nothing but good experiences with Alan Ray.  If you go, work with Pat as she was a wonderful lady!  They do not get a plus as I had to call them a couple of times to get information about the status of my bridesmaids dresses, but otherwise it was great.  Alan did my alterations, and I know some people have trouble with his upfront persona.  He is going to tell you what looks good and what doesn't.  It may seem harsh, but he is just trying to make you look beautiful on your day!  If you go in with a good attitude, he will feed off you.

Flowers - Flower Galaxy - A+ - Judy at Flower Galaxy was great!  When I came in with my ideas, she gave me some input and it all came together really nicely.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  The prices are great soon!

Cake - Alice's Piece of Cake - A - Since the knot favorite Anita Kline was booked, we went with Alice as her cake had great flavor and she was really close pricewise.  The cake was beautiful and she sketched us a picture during the first meeting to give us an idea of what to expect. 

Photographer (& D.J.) - J.W. Photography - A++++ - There are not enough pluses in the book to tell you how happy I am with their work.  James and Heidi are wonderful to work with, and they take great pictures!  I just saw the sneak peeks and I cannot wait to see the rest.  We also booked our D.J. services through them which gives you a 10% discount off the total.  The D.J. was great too.  He kept the dance floor full and followed our request to not chat too much. 

Re: Vendor Reviews 1

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!!  

If you don't mind me asking, about how much were your alteration costs?  I'm booked for alterations with Alan in two weeks, and I've heard he does such a great job I'm pretty much going to stick with him no matter what, but I'm trying to prep myself for cost.  I don't think I'm going to need much (length mainly), but I'm curious if you thought he was reasonable? maybe a bit more than you expected but worth it?

TIA!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah! We are using JW also & I'm so excited!! We just did engagement pictures this weekend & James was great! I love the sneak peeks they do, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    EmDizzle

My alterations were only $150 which I thought was awesome!  He brought in the top and moved some of the boning to the outer layer to help give me shape and did a french bustle.  I didn't need length which was good because he said my designer (WTOO) is hard to shorten.  So I think it all depends on the dress.  I can definitely say that I don't think he overcharged.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards