Connecticut
Options

Photography - How Long To Receive Pics?

After you were married, how long did it take for your printed pictures/albums/discs to come in? We got married on 7/28/12 and our photographer didn't have any time to meet to even order pictures until 6 months after our wedding. So we finally met, ordered an album, and are being told it will take another 6 months for the album to come in. Does this seem right? We also ordered a disc with all the images (which won't come in supposedly until the album does).

I'm just wondering if this timeframe is normal because I've already been extremely frustrated with our photographer and really regretting our choice. We used Matthew J. Wagner Fine Photography and paid $4000 for his package (which I now think is a rip off). The disc is an additional $1000 and a decent album an additional $2500. This does not include any pictures printed and I wasn't very satisfied with the pictures that were taken so I could just be bitter. Thoughts? Anyone use him before?
"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."

Re: Photography - How Long To Receive Pics?

• Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    It took about 3 and a half months for our album and photo disc to come in once we placed the order. We also had a large acrylic photo as part of our package and that took about 4 months.

The regular printed photos that we ordered only took about 2 or 3 weeks to get to us.

6 months does seem a bit excessive in my opinion, especially for the price you paid and after waiting 6 months to even meet with him.
    Is there anything in your contract that states when he would have everything done for you?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We got our disc in 2 months. Our package did not include an album, just the engagement pics and disc and then unlimited coverage day of and the disc of all pics for 3k.
  • Options

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about checking the contract so I def. will when I get home tonight. I think I'm just frustrated because I feel like we overpaid and could possibly not even receive anything until our 1 yr anniversary.

• Options
    Our photographer delivers the wedding photos in one month it less Eric Brushett PhotographyThis was a huge deciding factor for us. The album and/or edited images are sent to us in the mail with 30 days of the wedding. The engagement photos come back in a week! Our photographer is busy too, but he said he likes to edit the weddings when they are fresh in his mind. I think your photographer has you waiting way too long, especially for the price. I think checking the contract is a good idea. And then maybe put some pressure on him if you haven't already. If I paid 6k or more, I would expect more, but that is just me.
  • Options
    We got our pictures around September for our June wedding, so three months about? We receiving them on a flashdrive. 

An album was included in our package, but we actually haven't ordered it yet! I am having trouble picking out the pictures I want included, ha. 

I cannot think of a single reason why you couldn't get a CD or flashdrive of the photos now, before the album shows up. 
  • Options

That all seems excessive.  We spent less for Studio1923 (which was our splurge) and our package included: engagement session, engagement pics turned into a guest book, website for photos, 2 shooters for our wedding, all rights to our pictures and they came on a wooden engraved flash drive, and our album. 

We got married at the end of June and got our pictures at the beginning of October.  We have ordered our album so it should be in soon.  We also plan to order a canvas from them.  I would definitely check your contract because that's crazy.  Then again, my friend got married in Dec. 2010 and still doesn't have any of her pictures (I don't remember the name of the woman she used.....)

• Options
    That definitely seems excessive.  I also find it totally unreasonable that it took 6 months to find a time to meet.  I bet if you were a prospective client (not someone who'd already paid in full) he would be able to meet with you in a matter of days...

Please keep us posted on what happens!
  • Options
    That's unacceptable, I would be so pissed if I were in your shoes. 

Well, now I know who not to consider for my wedding. Yikes!
  • Options

Thanks girls! Now I feel better about it since I wasn't sure if I was just overreacting. I was so pissed when it took 6 months to meet esp. because we said we could literally meet whenever--we were completely lenient. The photographer was the one who had no free days. The pictures he did take came out beautifully but I am not happy at all with the way we've been treated or the service. I wonder if there are other brides on here that used him and received the same service...

Really wish I went with someone else though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards