June 2012 Weddings
Options

Help me figure out hors d' oeuvres!!!

So the time has come where we have to start making decisions about our menu and other specifics for our venue. What is giving us the biggest headache is the hors d'oeuvres! We just don't know how many to get. We are trying to keep costs down as much as possible. Our venue has a huge menu of choices, ranging from $1.50/pp - $3.95/pp. How many different ones do you think would be appropriate? 3? 5? 10? I have no idea!

If you are curious or want to make specific suggestions, here's the menu of hors d'oeuvres we have to chose from: http://wellersweddings.com/pages/menu_horsdoeuvres.htm

TIA!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
image 167 Made the list
image 115 Accept
image 46 Decline
image 6 Not ready to decide
RSVP deadline: June 8

Re: Help me figure out hors d' oeuvres!!!

• Options
    We are doing 5 passed-shaved beef crostini, sesame chicken skewers, mini crabcakes, puff pastry with goat cheese and sundried tomato, and veggie spring rolls. And we are having a fruit/cheese/cracker display.

I think 4-6, is a good number, and have at least two vegetarian options. I've been to weddings with 10 apps and as much as I love them, it's almost nerve wracking to try to hunt them all down! 

The less expensive options at your venue all sound really good-i love shrimp tempura, spinach & feta triangles, crab rangoon, etc. I think plenty of people would be happy with those rather than the more expensive ones!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards