North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Are "boys"(Men) allowed???

Hi Ladies,

My "bride to be" is currently a OBX board contributor.  I figured I would join and create my own screenname to pop in to ask my own quesitons instead of going through her! :-)  Just curious, are us guys allowed on here, or is this "Girls Board Only"?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are "boys"(Men) allowed???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course you are welcome :)  good to know you are getting involved! 

I would LOVE if my fiance would be involved, but he IS in Korea until November.  I try to ask for his input, although what I want is usually what goes.  LOL.   Last time I asked for input he was trying to wear pastel blue seer sucker pants to our wedding.  Luckily, I got that taken care of.  I try my best to include him.  I got him to drop the pastel pants by agreeing to use FL Gators colors of Lime green, orange, and blue.  I wanted Lime green and hot pink.  Its all about compromise. 

He is SUPER excited about our grooms cake though; which will be a sheet cake with classy aridondiak chairs, beach fencing, edible sand, white chocolate shells and starfish, AND  FL Gators (for him) and NY Jets (for me) towels lying in the sand.  This is one of the pieces of the wedding that is truly us.  Hope you guys find those things too!!! Best of luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course guys are allowed.  I think you make a grand total of two males for The Knot now.  The other is in Vegas. Welcome! :)
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Whew, ok.  Thanks ladies! Cool  I just didn't wanna "rain" on the brides' parade.  Trust me, I want to be involved to the FULLEST!  I'm not one of those typical "just tell me where and when to show up" type of grooms.  LOL.  I am really excited to plan this special day with my FI(i'm still learning all the abbreviations, so excuse me if I sound really corny).  We have some venue/caterer visits lined up for our yearly OBX trip in September, so hoping all goes well then.  I think we should have our date, venue and/or caterer by then, so kinda excited about that!   My FI is an event coordinator by day here in Central PA, so you can imagine how super prepared she is.  She has the 3 ring binder going with things, and the fridge already has a piece of paper with the dates and appointment times in September.   That's my girl! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Philly!
    We are so glad to have you on the board!! Imagine if all our Fiance's were like you....lol! I think the majority of ladies on here have the "just tell me where/when" types. :)

Hope we can help you with your questions and feel free to comment on our posts too, it's good to have a guy's perspective on it all.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome!  I think it's super cool that you joined and like PP (previous poster) said, it's nice to have a male's perspective on things. 

Soooo....who is your FI on the board?  I know there are a few Philly's on here but the names aren't coming to mind at the moment.  Khroy?

• Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can claim this one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyy!  There she is :)

You two are too cute btw

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks OBX!  And btw, borderboo has provided us the template for the OOT brochure that you and your FI are providing the guests.  Very cute, very original, and looks AWESOME!

Who is this KSJ claiming me?  I have no idea what she is talking about????Wink

Sarah, i'm more than happy to give a "man's perspective" on anything you ladies would like to know.  I'm a "tell it like it is" man.  Right KSJ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011

You are very welcome!  She surprised me with and yet again, had me crying b/c of how awesome she is.  She is a blessing and honestly, the most brilliant woman I have ever met.  If I am even as half as good as she is once I have children, I will consider myself lucky :)

She always hears me talking about how great the ladies (only b/c this was before you joined, lol) are on here and had to join herself to get a piece of the action too, lol.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I must confess that I am NO GOOD with the abbreviations either!  What is an OOT Brochure?  I'm very interested in seeing if someone doesn't mind.  I understand it not ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Keb.  It stands for Out Of Town Brochure. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards