Getting in Shape
Options

It's been a looooong time!

I haven't been on this board in forever!

The wedding is now 2 months away, and while I fit in my dress, I'm still not happy where I am! I've started running again hardcore because I'm doing the Broad Street Run again this year, I've been taking some ab classes, eating weight watchers bars as my dessert at night, and using weights and 30 Day Shred on my "off" days! I can't think of anything else I can do... and yet my weight hasn't changed AT ALL!

Meanwhile, we bought a house 2 miles away from FI work, so he rides his bike every day to and from, and he's lost almost TEN pounds in 3 weeks... seriously.  And he was already tiny to begin with!

Anyone have any ideas?? Any way to step up my work out? How is the "No Trouble Zones" work out? Anything would be appreciated!

Re: It's been a looooong time!

• Options
    It's really not fair that men lose weight so easily! My fiance eats the worst crap and barely exercises and he is able to maintain his weight whereas I've had to work hard to lose weight! I've learned that you just can't compare yourself to guys!

You obviously have a good exercise routine going so you might want to take a look at your diet. Make sure you aren't eating too many calories by tracking your food at a site like Sparkpeople or something until you get the hang of what you should be eating. Some people just underestimate their calorie intake.  =)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2010
    I remember you! How much are you looking to lose, are you just looking to tone up? I would suggest a heavy weight lifting program, but I am not sure how that goes along with training for a race - to be honest, a lot of the women on the health and fitness board on the nest are runners and might have some good suggestions. I do think that weight lifting (heavy!) will help your body shape change a bit, it sounds like that is what you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards