Latino Weddings

Invites: PLEASE HELP!!

Hello everyone!

I'm new here (just found this board) and I can't believe Im already asking for help.

I need help with wording my spanish invitations.  My FI and I are getting invites printed in English and Spanish and I'm having a very hard time deciding on the wording for the spanish ones.   I tried translating my english one but it just doesn't 'sound right' to me.  Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.  My english ones are as follows:

Brides name
and
Grooms name
together with their parents
request the honor of your presence
at the ceremony uniting them in marriage
on Saturday, the thirteenth of March
two thousand and ten
at half past five o'clock in the evening

Please let me know if you have any ideas.  I tried looking at sites but some I just didn't like and some I couldn't get the picture big enough for me to read it.  lol

Any help will be appreciated!!  Smile

Re: Invites: PLEASE HELP!!

• edited December 2011

i can't speak spanish so i may not help too much, but i can read it decently so I googled the translation into spanish & it looks ok to me, but thats proper spanish too, so maybe if you post it in spanish I could try it that way.

~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I could be completely wrong, but this is how I would word it:
    Bride
    y
    Groom
    junto con sus padres

solicitan el honor de su presencia

cuando intercambien sus votos matrimoniales

que se llevará a cabo el sábado, trece de marzo, dos mil diez

a las cinco y medio de la tarde

I made it the afternoon because to my family and me 5:30 is afternoon, but everyone is different.  Also, on the English, change "past" to "after" as "past" is reserved for funerals.

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go to Invitationconsultants.com and they have 5 different spanish wordings that you can choose from. hope that helps

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's all great to know!! Our invitations will be in Cambodian/English/Spanish. FI and I will be starting our DIY invitations soon.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the text from our Spanish invites.  If you click on the picture you can see a larger view and actually read the text ;)  

The wording at the top may be difficult to read...  It has the bride's parents' names (mine) on the top left and the groom's on the right.  Then it says, "Participamos el Matrimonio de nuestros hijos" followed by our names.

This is formal writing for a full Catholic mass, and the layout is Mexican formal, so the wording may or may not fit your needs...  Please let me know if you have any questions.

• lilpsi59lilpsi59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you all for your ideas!

munkii- I had no idea about the 'past' vs. 'after' thing.  I'll definitely bring that up to our invitations guy.

ExpatPumpkin- First of all, your pictures are just gorgeous!  My FI and I are getting married in March and at first I was worried about the snow and it being freezing cold outside but after looking at your pictures I'm not afraid of a lil snow.  Congratulations!!   ;)

We're not having a full Catholic mass.  We're getting married by a deacon at the reception site.  However, I still like the idea of having somewhat traditional wording on our invites.  I know that this is what my family is expecting and will understand.

Thanks again everyone!! 

• ZeniaPZeniaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Los Señores Parents Name

tienen el honor de invitarle al

enlace matrimonial de su hija

Bride's Name

con

Grooms name

que se celebrará en

el dia Sabado el viente y nueve de Mayo