• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Washington

Has anyone made thier veil?

Im stunned at how expensive veils can be!  Over the weekend my mom reminded me that my Future Mother in Law is an amazing seamstress.  It would also be a great way to involve her in our wedding. 

So the question is...Has anyone made thier own veil or had one made for them?  I've been looking online for patterns and haven't been able to find any thing that catches my eye.

Re: Has anyone made thier veil?

• edited December 2011
    I actually bought mine on ebay, and it was about $20 including after shipping.

Here's the link to what I bought. For $20, I love it! The comb is plastic, and that's really the only thing that worries me. But I didn't want to spend $100+ on something I only planned to wear for a few hours (not planning to wear it after the ceremony).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370453681012&vti=Width%0972+Inches%0AColor%09Diamond+White%2FOff+White%0AAccessory%09Swarovski+Crystal

Looks like this seller is on vacation, but there are other seller's if you're willing to give ebay a chance. I'd just check out the comments other buyers have left.

Also, places like Michael's & Joanne's sell veils (about $15 I think) already attached to the plastic comb. If you want to add pearls, crystals or some other embellishments, you should be able to do it pretty easily yourself with a hot glue gun.

P.S. Michael's usually has a 40% coupon you can print from their site, which I've definitely made good use of!

Good luck, and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards