Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When is an appropriate time frame to ask guests to RSVP?

I am getting married July 14th. When should I ask my guests to RSVP by?

Thank you!

Re: When is an appropriate time frame to ask guests to RSVP?

• Options
    The general rule of thumb is that you take the deadline that your venue/caterer needs a final headcount, and count back about 7-10 days to allow for you to call any non-RSVPs.

For example, the caterer needs final numbers on July 5th, you ask guests to RSVP by June 25th.

Just MHO, but I think numbers in increments of 5 generally are better remembered...i.e 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th of the month.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-is-an-appropriate-time-frame-to-ask-guests-to-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b8bb6f30-891c-4c5a-b1a3-2c26e353e1d0Post:8ed5d0cc-4b60-41c0-ba1a-384dda9436ad">Re: When is an appropriate time frame to ask guests to RSVP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The general rule of thumb is that you take the deadline that your venue/caterer needs a final headcount, and count back about 7-10 days to allow for you to call any non-RSVPs. For example, the caterer needs final numbers on July 5th, you ask guests to RSVP by June 25th. Just MHO, but I think numbers in increments of 5 generally are better remembered...i.e 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th of the month.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh okay, that makes sense! Thank you! :)</div>
  • Options
    My venue needs numbers a month before the wedding, so I put my RSVP date to a week before that date, to give us time to contact those that didn't reply. Hope that helps!
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards