Ohio-Columbus
Options

outdoor summer wedding

Hello Everyone!
I am new to the knot and was looking for some ideas of great places in Columbus for an outdoor summer wedding.  This is the feel that we are going for think Mason Jars and very rustic/ casual.  We are looking  for a fun outdoor party with family and friends. Any ideas would be great.  I am just looking for somewhere to start.

Re: outdoor summer wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Bryn Du Mansion in Granville.  It would be great for an outdoor rustic wedding.  I went with the Granville Inn because my fiance doesnt want the heat, so we're doing ceremony outside and reception inside.  It is rustic as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a place I looked at in Pickerington called Hickory Lakes.  If you go to their site its very outdated but if you stop by the place to take a peek, they've updated the building since the photos on the page and the lady gets back to you quickly with phonecalls...so they're still very current themselves.  The space has a lovely outdoor ceremony sort of feel but the reception would probably be best indoors.

Sorry I can't be of much more help, I didn't tour that many outdoor type of locations.  Best of luck in your search!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our friends had their wedding at the Taylor Mansion this past summer, and it was lovely! I think the feel you're going for would work out well there. Our friends had blue wine bottles with sunflowers in them for centerpieces - the Mason jar look you mentioned sounds similar. You have access to the entire property as part of the rental. It includes the pretty gardens in the front, a large tented area out back, a carriage house and the inside of the mansion itself. Plus, its a fairly affordable place and they allow you to bring your own alcohol. Their website is: http://taylormansioncolumbus.com/

You might also want to check out the Cultural Arts Courtyard (http://www.culturalartscenteronline.org/rentals) or Cheers Chalet (http://www.cheerschalet.com/index.php). I think both of those are more casual outdoorsy spaces as well.

Good luck with your planning!!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    lstirn327lstirn327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas ladies!
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.westerville.org/Default.aspx?tabid=113

I went to a wedding at the link above and it was very pretty.  They don't allow alcohol there, so I don't know if that's a deal breaker for you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PP, glad to hear that you thought the Everal Barn was a good place for a wedding =)  That's where I'm holding mine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure how many people you are having, but the Kelton House may also be worth a look. They can only fit like 100 people I think. I can't remember all the details...but I knew it couldn't fit us (150).

Also, maybe North Bank Park? I know lots of girls on here have raved in the past about it.

• Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at both the Kelton House and Taylor Mansion. We liked Kelton but our wedding was too large to host there. I was really not a fan of Taylor Mansion. It sits on a very busy street and it's distracting since the ceremony would be on the front steps with cars whizzing by. 

We are having our ceremony at Ohio State's Browning Amphitheatre near Mirror Lake with a reception to follow at the Clintonville Women's Club next to the Park of Roses.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lstirn327lstirn327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that about the Taylor Mansion.  We are going to look on Monday.
  • Options
    meganaymeganay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dorral Farms in Marysville is beautiful...it is where I have my reception booked.   Lots of outdoor space, a lake, etc.  It is about 15 minutes outside Dublin.  They allow outside catering, although the rates are better if you use their preferred caterers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards